Golden 1 Credit Union New System - Not updating

Can't connect or update Golden 1 accounts--   Does anyone know why Quicken is not connecting with Golden 1 Credit union after they implemented new system set-up over the weekend?  Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

•  Daddy
    Daddy Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Tried to contact Golden 1 tech support-wait time over an hour. Supposed to call back. I am surprised that Golden 1 didn't set up a link to refer Quicken users to instructions on how to resolve.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like we may need to do the Web Connect via download from Golden 1 for each account??  ... But I am hoping they will re-establish the Quicken Direct Connect..  Quicken Support had not heard about any Golden 1 changes.   I am also waiting to hear back from Golden 1.
  • mmorgan21
    mmorgan21 Member ✭✭
    The rep probably didn't know, but it's apparent they were working with Quicken since the bank record was updated in account setup. They updated their connection method with Quicken to be manual file upload only. I've been emailed member services and they are avoiding my question.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    I unlinked my golden 1 account but when i try to relink it creates a new account in the list thats not linked.....Very wierd. G1 really screwed this up
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    All my G1 accounts stopped working after the G1 Online updates, but I was able to reestablish download capability after some work: Get the latest version of Quicken for Mac, then go to each of your individual Quicken accounts by highlighting it, then edit it via the Quicken menu bar "Accounts"/"Settings"/"Download" and then click "Reset Connection"...then you re-select "Golden 1 Credit Union" from the list (note that the old log-in settings in the list are marked "xxx-Golden 1 CU"...or similar...strange!), you are then presented with a new pop-up window instructing you to do a "manual" download from the G1 website for recent transactions in your selected account. Then "Drag and Drop" the .QFX file to the "file box" area presented in the pop-up Quicken window...then select "Done" and "Continue" at the bottom right...confirm/select the proper account "name"/"link to" for your particular G1 account and click "Continue"...Quicken will import the transactions AND apparently also update the online download settings for G1. This will allow 'one-click" automatic downloads to start working again....no need for further "manual downloads". It is a LOT of work but gets you back to "normal" for "automatic 1-click G1 downloads" again. In addition I noticed that the G1 website "locks up" after each ".QFX" Quicken file transaction export (using Mac Safari)...I had to close the G1 Safari tab after each account manual download and re-login for each account export...another big pain! The "new look" G1 website not worth the extra work to fix Q. downloads IMHO! ;-) Good luck! I will check in here occasionally if there are Q's regarding my "fix method".
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been escalated to our service providers to ensure everything internally is up-to-date and aligned with the latest system changes at Golden 1.

To be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution for this issue become available, please visit and bookmark the Alert here.

@Brian D. - thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you to restore connections, however, if the error/issue returns, please be sure to follow the alert posted above to follow this known issue.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you ..please keep us posted..  FYI Not getting error message.(Quicken Mac) .Will not  connect or dl  --   and the only option to fix --  .just.. shows  Web Connect?

• Jack14638
    Jack14638 Member ✭✭
    Golden 1 initially went down Fri 10/23 and Quicken lost its connection. This morning, Golden 1 came back up on line. However, this Quicken user still cannot connect with Golden 1 CU. This is an end-of-each-month issue. Can you lease let me know when others have a resolution and I have activated "Alert". Thanks
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    If you can't wait for resolution, it looks like as a possible work around if you cant wait,  you can (might be able to) DL .qfx file from your Golden1 account(s) an import via Web Connect..   I have not yet tried this, and am waiting to see if we can do Quicken Direct Connect again like before? PLELASE!!)    This 'Web Connect'  is the only connection mode offered in the set-up....  Hope that helps if you can't wait..
  • kbraccia
    kbraccia Member
    I've gone through the instructions that Brian D posted. I was able to get Quicken to sync up with my Golden 1 accounts after downloading the QFX files for each. However, today when doing the one step update, I don't receive any errors and yet none of my transactions are being updated. Seems there is still something not quite right with the updated connection.
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    "kbraccia"....yep, I get no download errors today but the date remains the same (2 days ago) & no new transactions (I may not have any tho.)...so I guess my "fix" for a new/revised G1 download set-up doesn't work after all. I will try and delete my prior post but I think I am past the "1 day edit period" so everyone please ignore my "upthread prior post"..."Kbraccia" thanks for being a good "beta-tester"! ;-)
  • jfox
    jfox Member ✭✭
    I spoke with Quicken support today who stated that their ticket # 8944343 is tracking the investigation and restoral for this issue of Quicken not communicating with Golden 1. You can find that ticket number on another support thread.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken keeps trying to create a new account when I try to fix my checking account. Plus I have a little orange ghost buster is symbol right next to it in the account list.....
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Your financial institution has stopped allowing direct connections to Quicken software. The orange ghost buster symbol in the account list shows your account is no longer 'allowed' or 'set up properly'. Your financial institution should be able to assist you. If you cannot get through to their online banking assistance people, you might wait a few days and try calling back then. Plan B is you can 'export your files' to quicken. Log on to your bank's website through a web browser such as Google chrome or Microsoft Edge. Choose the account you want to obtain data for, and then export each account in Quicken Format (file will be .OFX Quicken Data Format). You can choose a name for each file, example "mychecking.OFX", "myvisacard.OFX" etc. Save the files to your PC in a place you can easily find them, example your desktop. Once you have downloaded each file (checking, savings, etc). You can double-click on them one at a time and they should automatically open Quicken and prepare to import the transactions. This is the 'old way' of updating, it's convoluted and slow...but it will work in a pinch. The confusion may arise if duplicate data appears in your import list in Quicken. The way to avoid that is to enter a 'start date' when you are downloading from your bank that is one day later than the last transaction already showing in your Quicken file. Otherwise you will have to accept or decline each transaction one by one to avoid double-entering stuff that is already there. This whole mess is not Quicken's fault, most likely your financial institution is trying to make your data files 'more secure' which means a world of what they call 'inconvenience' for their honest customers - all to try to thwart the dishonest folk that create this for us.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Brian D. said:
    > "kbraccia"....yep, I get no download errors today but the date remains the same (2 days ago) & no new transactions (I may not have any tho.)...so I guess my "fix" for a new/revised G1 download set-up doesn't work after all. I will try and delete my prior post but I think I am past the "1 day edit period" so everyone please ignore my "upthread prior post"..."Kbraccia" thanks for being a good "beta-tester"! ;-)

Yes, Brian, I tried your method on a Windows PC and didn't get as far as you or Chewbacca did :(
    Thanks for trying and at least I know I can manually download the .OFX files and import them 'the old slow way' into Quicken.
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    > @RSM2000 said:
    ...least I know I can manually download the .OFX files and import them 'the old slow way' into Quicken.
    ----
    Yep, 'tis unfortunate to lose "1-click download" from G1...AGAIN...I lost G1 VISA account downloads for months after the G1 VISA switchover to "FirstData" card management a few months ago. G1 needs to take their accounting software users into account when making changes. Am investigating other banking/CU options.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I was also similarly afflicted by the FirstData Visa card issue at G1. One would think that senior management would be much more concerned about this type of fallout and consumer unhappiness and do everything possible to avoid/remedy the situation. Shopping for a new credit union is a proactive method to express your ultimate disappointment.
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > This issue has been escalated to our service providers to ensure everything internally is up-to-date and aligned with the latest system changes at Golden 1.
    >
    > To be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution for this issue become available, please visit and bookmark the Alert here.
    >
    > @Brian D. - thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you to restore connections, however, if the error/issue returns, please be sure to follow the alert posted above to follow this known issue.
    >
    > Thank you again,
    >
    > Sarah

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I've been trying to resolve this on my own too and it makes sense now why I'm seeing the zz-Golden1CreditUnion, etc. Just checking in otherwise here since it's Friday and the problem was reported a few days ago. Any chance we'll see this fixed in the next few days? That would be extra helpful of course with a new month about to start.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Politely, I don't expect any sort of "Quick(en)" resolution, given their past history. When their 'upgrade' to their Visa card through FirstData (credit card service provider) occurred, the Quicken resolution took in excess of 60 days. [EDIT:] By the way, when exporting files from your bank to a file on your PC to manually import into Quicken, the file extension is QFX not 'OFX' as I had wrongly stated in earlier posts which I am unable to edit.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Has Quicken been able actually talk to Golden 1 Tech/IT staff..  and get any kind of positive response toward a fix?  Thanks for all our efforts to help get this resolved..
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    > @CAPPY said:
    > Has Quicken been able actually talk to Golden 1 Tech/IT staff..  and get any kind of positive response toward a fix?  Thanks for all our efforts to help get this resolved..

I doubt that they will give us any sort of 'intermediate status updates'. Once the issue is resolved, you might expect to see a Quicken staff member post a notice to this thread. It's best to bookmark this thread/topic so you will be apprised when it's finally solved.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    This is getting really annoying
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    RSM2000 said:
    Politely, I don't expect any sort of "Quick(en)" resolution, given their past history. When their 'upgrade' to their Visa card through FirstData (credit card service provider) occurred, the Quicken resolution took in excess of 60 days. [EDIT:] By the way, when exporting files from your bank to a file on your PC to manually import into Quicken, the file extension is QFX not 'OFX' as I had wrongly stated in earlier posts which I am unable to edit.
    Last time I had something like this happen, it was again the bank's fault (I think it was Chase at the time) and Quicken resolved it with them rather quickly...which was definitely a big consideration when I decided to sign up for the yearly subscription to make sure I was supporting the product. This is a big deal for managing our day to day finances, so we'll see how this gets resolved - my renewal is up in December. 

Also in case you missed it, they did say they have an official case open for it, I believe the link was here:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900749/new-10-26-21-golden-1-credit-union-cc-505-105
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    In this case, the credit union changed its connectivity settings, causing Quicken One-Step Update to 'break'.  I don't hold Quicken responsible for the downtime, it's the credit union 'moving the pieces' which is typically how things get broken here.  I cannot 'live' without Quicken (and they know it), so regardless of the occasional snafu like this one, I will renew when the time comes.  And now, a moment of silence as we remember when Quicken was a one-time purchase unless you chose to upgrade to the new annual release version... :(  [/fade-in: MUSIC "Barbara Streisand/The Way We Were {ASCAP/BMI}"... faded mem-ries... light the corners of my mind... misty water-colored mem-ries...  of the way we were.../music outtro: fade to black]  [roll credits]

• mrodrian
    mrodrian Member
    Nice to know it's just not me with this problem, but very frustrating. I've been with Quicken since the mid '90's, but it may be time to leave. I know it's probably Golden 1's problem as well, but now that I can open my accounts with new passwords at Golden 1 it seems they and Quicken aren't working closely enough for a timely resolution.
  • RichardOtten
    RichardOtten Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing the tech equivalent of a circular firing squad'. Golden1 is saying Quicken needs to resolve it and Quicken is saying Golden1 needs to resolve it. The truth is that quicken IT and Golden1 IT need to get together and work out a solution so that those of us that are PAYING both of them to provide service get their acts together and actually provide solutions instead of excuses.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing the tech equivalent of a circular firing squad'. Golden1 is saying Quicken needs to resolve it and Quicken is saying Golden1 needs to resolve it. The truth is that quicken IT and Golden1 IT need to get together and work out a solution so that those of us that are PAYING both of them to provide service get their acts together and actually provide solutions instead of excuses.

Nice to know it's just not me with this problem, but very frustrating. I've been with Quicken since the mid '90's, but it may be time to leave. I know it's probably Golden 1's problem as well, but now that I can open my accounts with new passwords at Golden 1 it seems they and Quicken aren't working closely enough for a timely resolution.
    This again, is common.  There are at least two entities involved, sometimes 3.  In this instance it's a credit union (Golden 1) and Quicken.  Last time it was Golden 1, FirstData (Visa Provider), and Quicken.  They all say they are 'working towards a solution', and we the end-users become frustrated and start examining our options.  The truthful 'best' option is to patiently wait, and if waiting becomes overly difficult, then do the manual 'workaround' where every so many days you download the account data in a Quicken data file format for each of your open accounts, one at a time.  It's really not that hard to do, and you can keep an eye on your transactions and keep your account registers in Quicken 'up to date'.  You could do it daily, weekly, or whatever interval you are comfortable with. 

After choosing "EXPORT TO QUICKEN DATA FILE" you save the file to your desktop (name it something like G1 chkg, G1 svgs, G1 Visa, G1 momcar, G1 dadcar, etc.  After all the accounts are exported, click on them one at a time, and then select the matching account in Quicken that already EXISTS.  From then on, Quicken will remember and open the matching account register for you to accept or delete each 'new' transaction.  This is really not difficult to do, and yes, it IS inconvenient.

Since most of us have other accounts/credit cards, yada yada at different financial institutions, the occasional painful delay from a single entity is far outweighed by the convenience of one-stop solution (Quicken) when all accounts at all institutions are downloading via One-Step Update as they are supposed to do. 

The previous time really had me wound up as others are expressing this time, but that took OVER 60 DAYS before it FINALLY got 'fixed'.  So if I could wait 60 days (and I was not happy about that), I know I'm capable of waiting 'whatever' it takes THIS TIME.  Sadly, bad actors that are trying to hack our financial stuff are on duty 24x7, so these types of situations are not going to go away any time soon.  Keep in mind that Quicken has TONS of banks/credit unions/ and other financial entities that are all trying to do the one-step update dance whilst constantly changing their logon protocols and causing 'bugs' (open tech cases).  Yes, you can drop Golden 1 and go with some other bank or credit union, but that is in and of itself also painful and inconvenient.  You pays your money and you takes your choices...(as the man once said).

In my mind, the fix for this will center on Quicken being able to give the necessary handshake to Golden 1 during the one-click update.  Remember the dance we had to do in order to log on to the G1 website after this latest update?  Somehow they need to 'verify' that your Quicken PC/Mac is 'safe to let in the door', and if they want to do a 2nd step verification (send a text code or email), that may be causing the issue.  I am confident that a solution will appear and sooner rather than later.  This isn't the first time a financial entity tried to strengthen their online banking gateway, and for sure it won't be the last.
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Strangely enough, my Golden 1 Visa account updated today. I should note that my wife and I actually have two golden 1 accounts: our joint account, which we use for savings and checking, and a Visa account that is based on the G1 account she had before we were married. The latter account updated, our joint account still is not downloading and throws errors when I run 1-step update
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    That's odd.  None of my G1 accounts including Visa are updating as of today.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    I received an email from Golden 1 member services, in response to an email asking, basically, what gives. They said:

“With the new upgrade to our Online and Mobile Banking, connectivity to Quicken was temporarily disrupted. We are currently working with Quicken directly to find a solution. We anticipate the issue to be resolved shortly and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may experience in the interim.”
This discussion has been closed.