Will Quicken run on Monterey (macOS 12)?

Tony Dalia
Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
Got the suggestion to upgrade to Monterey this morning, any issues with Quicken? Thank you

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since the new macOS Monterey was just released today, there's not much of a track record anyone can report on. ;)

I never understand why many people are so anxious to upgrade to a new operating system right away; why not let others venture into the unknown and deal with any problems that come up for early adopters? Yes, I know modern OS releases are extensively beta tested for months, so the likelihood of major problems is pretty small. But compatibility issues with all the software you use has a much smaller sample of testers, so why not wait a little to see if there are reports of any problems? That's just my approach; if it's not yours, no problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    I never understand why many people are so anxious to upgrade to a new operating system right away; why not let others venture into the unknown and deal with any problems that come up for early adopters? 
    What I don't understand is, clearly there has to be early adopters, but everyone that wants the new operating system NOW! expects that to be "someone else".

And that goes for a lot of things not just the operating systems.

I guess with the operating systems people expect that Quicken Inc would be doing extensive testing while it is in beta.  And the moment the full release is out they do some kind of extensive regression testing, and that just isn't the case.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ngreksouk
    ngreksouk Member
    I upgraded to Monterey. When I start Quicken for Mac it crashes every time. Perhaps I should not have upgraded.
  • zorch
    zorch Member ✭✭
    Is Quicken for Mac compatible with MacOS Monterey?
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I can't speak for others, but I'm running macOS Monterey and haven't run into any issues with Quicken Mac 6.4.3. It's running just as smoothly as it did on Big Sur for me.
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    Contrary to the naysayers, I installed Monterey yesterday. This morning Quicken Mac (6.4.3) worked as expected. I have been an iMac user since March and before that Windows for 30 years. I expected a bit more from Mac since their customer service is above and beyond, but it is different and the same. I am referring to how corporate squashes issues, so the public perception isn't scarred. 
  • jacobs
    @Tony Dalia there are no naysayers here! I was saying yesterday that not many people have yet upgraded to Monterey because it was just released, so there haven't been a lot of reports. Since then, one person reports Quicken crashes and two people report no problems. 

(I'm not sure I understand your complaint about Apple... but I'm not sure it's relevant to whether the current Quicken Mac runs okay on Monterey.)
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    I was not complaining about Apple, just the lack of transparency in all technology companies about known issues that they cover up.
  • I'll chime in that I'm another successful upgrade to Monterey. My Quicken usage is rather basic... but transaction downloads and reconciling worked without issue.
  • zorch
    zorch Member ✭✭
    > @ngreksouk said:
    > I upgraded to Monterey. When I start Quicken for Mac it crashes every time. Perhaps I should not have upgraded.

Could you tell me what version of Quicken for Mac you are using. I upgraded to version 6.4.4 today
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to 6.4.4 today and it still works fine
  • I was running 6.4.2. I received the prompt to upgrade to 6.4.4 today and it, too, works without issue.
  • jdbmd1975
    jdbmd1975 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    [Removed-Duplicate Comment]
  • Just got a new MAC and last problem is getting my Quicken to work. I got it on screen but cannot connect with Quicken cloud, cannot connect with any financial institutions, and cannot even manually enter info. Help!!!!!!
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Maybe it's lost track of your subscriber status? When you bring up the About Quicken dialog box, near the bottom you should see something like:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Yes, my subscription is valid through December. There seems to be a problem connecting to Quicken Cloud, connecting to the internet. Apple said perhaps Quicken is not compatible with Monterey - which is this is true, I'm screwed. I have no idea what to do. quicken help and apple help are of no assistance whats so ever.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    A few users have posted that they've had problems with Monterey, while others have posted it's working fine for them. Search the forum for "Monterey" and you'll find their posts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Ted Gilmore
    Ted Gilmore Member ✭✭
    Just updated to Quicken 6.4.4. , and Apple has sent me the update notice to Mac Monterey 12.0. If I install the Apple update, will Quicken be compatible?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just updated to Quicken 6.4.4. , and Apple has sent me the update notice to Mac Monterey 12.0. If I install the Apple update, will Quicken be compatible?
    I'm almost always one of those who can't wait to download the latest and greatest updates.

However, in this case I'm waiting out updating to Monterey 12.0.1.  I can't take any chances that Quicken Mac won't run...and I've heard cases reported of ANY Mac running an Intel processor getting bricked when they update.  Bricked...as in their Mac won't even power on.  

So...I'd just wait a while this time before updating to Monterey.  
  • jacobs
    Just got a new MAC and last problem is getting my Quicken to work. I got it on screen but cannot connect with Quicken cloud, cannot connect with any financial institutions, and cannot even manually enter info. Help!!!!!!
    In Quicken, on the Quicken menu, select Sign Out. Then Sign In again. Does this resolve any of your connectivity issues?
  • I am also unable to connect to Quicken cloud or bank. I was on phone with Quicken, and they are zero help.
  • I just downloaded I assume the latest version of Quicken of my Mac, but it wouldn't open. Any help is welcome. Thanks.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I just downloaded I assume the latest version of Quicken of my Mac, but it wouldn't open. Any help is welcome. Thanks.
    That is not nearly info info for anyone to try to help you. What version of Quicken are you attempting to run. Have you restarted the computer. What exactly happens when you try to launch Quicken?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Linda G.
    Linda G. Member ✭✭
    Definitely having the same issue with the new Mac upgrade to Monterey. My quicken connect just stopped working
  • Linda G.
    Linda G. Member ✭✭
    BTW I'm running 6.4.4
  • Linda G.
    Linda G. Member ✭✭
    Had to switch to the Direct Connect option and that seems to be working
  • doupshebop
    doupshebop Member ✭✭
    I also am using a new iMac with M1 chip, os Monterey and quicken 6.4.4. I had installed it on Big Sur
    2 months ago and it was fine. a week ago it stopped connecting to the Quicken cloud. I tried everything with Quicken support. She suggested upgrading to Monterrey to see if it would work. Well, it did work for 1.5 days, and now it is back saying cannot connect to Quicken cloud...Argggggggg
  • jacobs
    @doupshebop There have been many reports about connectivity problems on this forum recently; I don't think it's related to which version of macOS you are running.
  • doupshebop
    doupshebop Member ✭✭
    yes, apparently not.....but its very frustrating when something works for 2 months and then just stops for no reason......I hope quicken can figure this out soon, as I am tired of typing my info in manually . I wonder if I an go back to quicken 6.4.3??? just to see if that would work..anyone tried that? Is it even possible to switch to the last version of quicken?
  • jacobs
    edited November 2021
    I wonder if I an go back to quicken 6.4.3??? just to see if that would work..anyone tried that? Is it even possible to switch to the last version of quicken?
    Every time you install a new release, Quicken places the old version in your Trash. If you haven't emptied your Trash since you installed 6.4.4, you'll find the previous version in the Trash.

Otherwise, do you have a backup of your Mac, such as Time Machine or a cloud backup like iDrive? If so, you could pull the older copy of Quicken from your backup. 
This discussion has been closed.