How to undo a transaction?

Options
I entered a paycheck and accepted it as a scheduled transaction. It left the downloaded deposit transaction from the bank alone and did not make it a paycheck. How do I change it to a paycheck and not a regular deposit? I want to track all the taxes and deduction from the paycheck. I don't see an Undo button under Edit. Come now everyone makes mistakes.

Fred

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not clear exactly what happened, but if there is a transaction in your register that should not be there, you can simply delete the transaction. It would be a good idea to edit it first to see what splits it includes. If there are transfers to other accounts,  you should open the other accounts after deleting the transaction to make sure the other sides of the transfers have also been deleted.

As always, back up your data file before making changes like this, in case something goes wrong.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only generic undo for any change made to a Quicken file is to restore a backup saved before the change.

I suggest you copy and paste an existing paycheck transaction and save the copied transaction with the new date. Then, edit the copied transaction appropriately and delete the imported transaction.