Is there a way to easily disable quote updates for 1000s of securities?

Options
I know I can edit the Security List and manually deselect the quote update checkbox for each security one at a time; however, this is tedious as there are literally 1000s of securities for which I need to do this (expired options contracts). The list doesn't allow the user to select multiple rows and apply an action.
Alternatively, is there a way when creating a new security to have the quote update check be disabled by default?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, the algorithm for downloading quotes requires that the security be checked to download quotes (your main point) AND the security either be owned in an account OR be included in the Watch List.  The expired options should not be owned in an acocunt, so I suspect they are in your watch list.

You are right that there is no way to mass change the download quotes checkbox.  Likewise for the Watch List checkbox.  Prior versions automatically checked both when a security was created.  Current versions allow the user to NOT check the Watch List box when a security is created (to not automatically place the new security in the Watch List).  Still that is a requirement for user action with each security creation.  No default to off watch list setting.  

If you are getting that 1000s of securities are getting no quote returned during a Download Quotes request, I suspect you need to individually uncheck the box for either the DQ or the WL.  I would do it for the WL, myself.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Out of curiosity, please go to Help and do a Ctrl-About Quicken. How many securities do you actually have?

Does getting quotes take excessively long, or are you having some other problem with the quotes?
    QWin Premier subscription