Online Balance

Since deactivated my Capital One Accounts and re-activated them I get my transactions downloaded by not the online balance. Quicken support has been no help with this issue. I have a Capital One credit card and they are saying online balances don't show for credit cards. That is absolutely wrong. If I manually download I get my online balance. Is anyone else having this problem?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shirll,

Can you tell us how you are connecting this account (e.g. Express Web Connect, Web Connect etc.) ?  And when you said "If I manually download..." are you saying the the correct online balance appears when you use Web Connect but when you use Express Web Connect the balance is zero or some other amount?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    When I use Express web connect there is no balance. When I go to capital one accounts outside of Quicken call up the transactions then click on download then import the file into quicken I get the transactions and also the online balance.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @shirll,

It appears that a few other Quicken users have reported having this same issue in the last few days.  One of the Q Forum moderators has been monitoring these reports - please see this LINK for more information.  You may want to add a post there so that you can easily follow the developments in the next few days.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Yancik
    Yancik Member
    I've been having the same problem for the last week. I have the latest version of Quicken and am a Cap. 360 Banking customers. I've had both Quicken and Cap 360 for many years and this is the first time I cannot download my online banking balance and I do not know how to put the balance in manually. I'm on hold to speak with Quicken. I spoke to Cap. 360 on Friday and they said everything is fine on their side and that it has to be a Quicken issue.
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    I spent over an hour on the phone with Quicken on Thursday and got no where. I'm hoping more people will start calling.
  • isawdusr
    isawdusr Member
    I am having the same problem with Regions Bank checking acct. the transactions download but not the online balance. This has been happening all week. (Direct Connect)
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    I wish Quicken would say they are working on the problem.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    shirll said:
    I wish Quicken would say they are working on the problem.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you insist on using the Express Web Connect connection method, when you reconcile I suggest using a statement obtained from the financial institution instead of the unreliable online balance.  Also, you may want to review: ONGOING 11/3/21 Capital One CC-901/501 or Prompt to Re-Authorize Accounts

• shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    I have been using the express web connect with Capital One for years. Never have I had problems until now,
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Express Web Connect +, and I'm having the same issue.
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    we need quicken to fix this problem.
  • I'm having the same issue with Capital One. No online balance.
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    Just want this fixed
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    HO! HO! HO! my online balances were downloaded today. I'm happy. Hope you are also.
  • Willaim Webb
    Willaim Webb Member ✭✭
    My "Online Balance" for Schwab Bank in Quicken using express web connect is incorrect but matches the balance from two weeks ago. My register balance matches the online account at Schwab. Any Ideas on how to correct?

There have been so many issues with the transition from Direct connect to web express on the Schwab accounts that spending over 40 hours with various levels expertise of quicken support I can now reestablish the connection issues by signing out "edit, preferences, quicken id & cloud, sign in as different person, close quicken, reopen an sign in with same Quicken ID and the successfully download.
    But the Online balance error is new and I hesitate to use Q support for fear of two steps back one step forward.
  • shirll
    shirll Member ✭✭
    I just waited and after a couple of weeks the online balance was fixed. Good luck it is very frustrating
  • abond28
    abond28 Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting a zero balance coming in from my CapitalOne personal accounts (formerly CapOne360) when I manually download from the bank website. However, I DO get a correct online balance with my downloads from Capital One's BUSINESS accounts. I sure wish you guys could fix this for the CapOne personal accounts, Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi @abond28

I suspect that the reason that you are "getting a zero balance" is because you are manually downloading (which only downloads transactions and not account online balances).  I suggest that you try and setup regular (automatic) downloads through Quicken.

Frankx