V6.4.4 Synchrony Savings and Charles Schwab

dhammabob
dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
Quicken said if you have an existing Schwab account during the transition process to the new way that Schwab is supporting downloads, you will not be affected. WRONG, mine stopped working this morning (10/29) and Synchrony Savings stopped working yesterday (10/28). Here's Quicken's alert on Schwab [Removed - Rant].
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900567/upcoming-changes-to-charles-schwab-accounts#latest

Comments

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem today. I know transitions are difficult, so I'm not surprised that the Schwab connection is broken despite assurances that this will be transparent. However, I'm annoyed that status updates are published without the opportunity to directly dispute the claims that "everything should be fine." For Quicken testers, maybe, but not for paying customers...at least all of us.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Exactly! The alerts' posts should definitely allow for comments from real users like us. [Removed - Rant] 🙄
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    dhammabob said:
    Exactly! The alerts' posts should definitely allow for comments from real users like us. [Removed - Rant]🙄
    Yep. First-level support follows a standard troubleshooting protocol, oftentimes not even knowing there are special circumstances, like a major change to a connection to a financial institution such as now. I blame poor communication with the troops (I used to manage a tech support group, so I'm more critical of management than the worker bees in these situations).

[Removed - Rant] I disconnected and tried to reconnect to "zzz-Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.," but that was a [Removed - Rant] fail because it's like setting up a new account, which they don't support yet per their notice.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    100% agreed. Like you, in my previous life, I was a software engineering developer, manager, Director, VP, and founder of software startups which included managing development and support teams. [Removed - Rant]
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    dhammabob said:
    100% agreed. Like you, in my previous life, I was a software engineering developer, manager, Director, VP, and founder of software startups which included managing development and support teams. [Removed - Rant]
    I've had similar conversations with their tech support. In those cases where I've needed a sanity check, I have an empty file to verify the connection issue is consistently broken before I contact them (and I tell them that so we don't waste anyone's time).

(Nice to "meet" someone with a similar background.😀)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dhammabob@AZCoder1959,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This behavior has been reported to our teams, however, they have confirmed the switchover is still in progress and request that if an invalid password error is received, to please allow up to 2 hours and then attempt to update accounts once more.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @dhammabob@AZCoder1959,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This behavior has been reported to our teams, however, they have confirmed the switchover is still in progress and request that if an invalid password error is received, to please allow up to 2 hours and then attempt to update accounts once more.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Thank you, Sarah. As noted in my comments, I disconnected, so I will only be able to reconnect when new connections are allowed. @dhammabob may have better luck with retesting.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @AZCoder1959 - I did note that and I apologize that you are unable to reactivate until the new connections are ready.

@dhammabob - Our teams have made a few adjustments internally, would mind please closing and re-opening Quicken and then attempting to update the Charles Schwab account(s) once more.

You will still receive a prompt to enter the password, but please let us know if the update completes successfully or if you still receive an invalid password error.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @Quicken Sarah still doesn't work. Oh wait, I tried again and it works now but Synchrony Savings is still broken, any word on that?
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @Quicken Sarah I am getting
    Sync Error
    Warning
    Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-101)

This happened right after upgrading to V6.4.4 yesterday.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @nhesness [Removed - Rant].
This discussion has been closed.