Getting a "there are no uncleared items to reconcile quicken" message.

snydermws
snydermws Member ✭✭
This just started happening to me on my two Bank of America accounts. Both my Quicken balance and the BofA balances agree after the transaction download. There are new transactions in the "c" cleared status, but Quicken says there are no uncleared items to reconcile. Something has changed.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the As-Of date of your reconciliation.  Where does it fall in relation to the "cleared" items in the account?
    Also, are you reconciling to the Online Balance ... or to a paper statement.  Reconciling to paper is more reliable./

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    I have looked at the link Sherlock provided. All the posting dates match my BofA online activity. I reconcile to the online balance and I always have, but now Quicken says there are no uncleared transactions to reconcile, so I don't even get the reconciliation window. This issue just started a few weeks ago. For now, I'm simply manually changing the "c" status to "R" status in Quicken for each new downloaded transaction and making sure the balance agrees with the BofA account balance.

I'd still like to understand why this changed.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    snydermws said:
    I have looked at the link Sherlock provided. All the posting dates match my BofA online activity. I reconcile to the online balance and I always have, but now Quicken says there are no uncleared transactions to reconcile, so I don't even get the reconciliation window. This issue just started a few weeks ago. For now, I'm simply manually changing the "c" status to "R" status in Quicken for each new downloaded transaction and making sure the balance agrees with the BofA account balance.

I'd still like to understand why this changed.
    When we reconcile using an online balance, we assume the online balance and the date of the online balance Quicken obtains from a financial institution are accurate.  Based on your description of the issue, I suspect the date of the online balance Quicken obtained is not correct. 
This discussion has been closed.