Dashboard (Nothing to show yet)

Recently, my dashboards have reverted to all say "Nothing to show yet". Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answers

• gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wow! I just tried to change one of the time periods, and now it is showing data.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @gyoung345

Thank you for your response and screenshot. To expand further, the dashboard information is generally obtained from the most recent transactions in your register(s). If the register(s) have not been updated recently no information will be shown unless the time range is changed. This seems to have been the case. We are glad you were able to find the answer!

Please let us know if you come across any errors or have questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @gyoung345

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you could you elaborate further on the issue. Which section states "Nothing to show yet" (Graph w/spending categories, Recent/uncategorized transactions, etc.)? Is this also occurring in a backup? Also, could you post a screenshot? Having these would allow us to take a further look and a better understanding. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Once more information is gathered we can move forward in diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Not sure what specifically you mean by dashboards.  More info would be helpful, including your current version (help, about quicken).  If you are talking about investment accounts please right click the account name in the account bar and choose edit account.  Verify that you are Not using simple investing.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    I am specifically talking about the new home screen dashboards. I can change from "Classic" to new and they all say "nothing to show yet". I am on Windows version R35.31, build 27.1.35.3.
  • gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wow! I just tried to change one of the time periods, and now it is showing data.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Answer ✓
    Hello @gyoung345

Thank you for your response and screenshot. To expand further, the dashboard information is generally obtained from the most recent transactions in your register(s). If the register(s) have not been updated recently no information will be shown unless the time range is changed. This seems to have been the case. We are glad you were able to find the answer!

Please let us know if you come across any errors or have questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    THANK YOU! for explaining the bug. I had exactly the same experience, suddenly it looked just like your dashboard (nothing to show). I changed the time period, a voila!
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I opened Quicken this morning-- everything says "Nothing to show yet" again. I have to go into each and change the time and then change it back.
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the new dashboard feature with respect to expired versions or perhaps functional limitations in the Starter Edition, but in my unexpired HB&R version, I can choose to
    • disable the new dashboard (see picture below) using the gear icon in the Home page view, if I so desire (click the gear icon and then use the Dashboard slider button in the popup view)
    • still use the old Home page views
    • still control the view page that Quicken starts on: Edit / Preferences / Startup / On Startup open to: [...]
    So, if the new dashboard doesn't work for you or you'd prefer using a different page for Quicken to start to, change it.

• dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I'm using R36.38 which just updated this morning. It behaves exactly the same. So the answer is, if it doesn't work so don't use it? Seriously?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    dhcernese said:
    I'm using R36.38 which just updated this morning. It behaves exactly the same. So the answer is, if it doesn't work so don't use it? Seriously?
    You can also do: Help -> Report a problem
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just chiming in, same bug just hit me this week, fully up to date Quicken Premier. Dashboard came up blank "nothing to show" When I went to add account it took me to setting up accounts from scratch. Thanks to tips here I changed dates on various screens and everything came back to life.
This discussion has been closed.