Reconcile Discrepancy

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Reconcile After Installing Update [Edited].

Comments

• i think i'm having somewhat the same problem? my "statement ending balance" matches my bank statement perfectly. my "quicken" balance does not. It's off by $411. I have checked and double checked my entries... the number of entries matches that on my statement, etc
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hillbilly fairy,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with; do you have a recent backup you can restore? I suggest restoring a backup file first to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Mac and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I'm having the same problem since updating to Quicken Mac Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100)
    Though I select "Use Statement Balance", when clicking Next (after entering my statement's Prior & Ending Balances, and Ending Date), The Reconcile window uses the Quicken Balance.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Cottonball

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed, specifically a screenshot. Having a screenshot would allow us to take a further look and obtain a better understanding. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot please click here

Please provide any additional information you may have. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Quicken Paloma: Unfortunately I can't supply a screenshot without revealing my finances. And were I to redact, I don't think you could glean any meaningful information.
  • Davann
    Davann Member
    Help! I am using Quicken Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) on MacOS 11.6.2. Since updating Quicken to this version I am not able to see all of the entries to be reconciled that are listed on my bank statement. I prefer to reconcile manually so the end-of-month date of the bank statement and Quicken match. Specifically, the end of the month interest does not appear to be reconciled, nor do several other entries that were downloaded with a date 1/1/2022, but appear on my statement as of 12/31/2021. I have edited those entries with the date 12/31/2021 to match the statement, but they still do not appear on my Quicken reconcile screen. This is consistent with all five bank accounts. Is there a workaround? Or a more permanent solution?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have that same problem occasionally. The Reconcile window uses the post date of the transaction to decide what to include. If the interest transactions were downloaded with a date of 1/1/22, then that's the post date & there's no way to edit that. You'll have to change the reconciliation date to January 1st to pick up those transactions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you find you're having problems due to differences in the posting date and transaction date -- which you can see by clicking on a transaction and doing View > Show Inspector -- you can try going to Preferences > Connected Services and unchecking the box to Use Posted Date for Matched Transactions. 

Or, as Jon suggests above, just enter a reconciliation ending date a day or two later than the closing date on your statement. If this brings in any transactions which were actually past the closing date, just ignore them and they won't affect your reconciliation.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Chat told me that the reconcile window will only handle 30 days. I ended the conversation when I heard that.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't think that's correct - I have accounts that only issue quarterly statements & have no trouble reconciling them once every 3 months (with interest deposits occurring every month).

What is true is that you're not going to see transactions that are posted after the statement ending date, regardless of the date you enter in the register. There are also issues with picking up old transactions in the re-reconcile window which I don't really understand yet.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.