TD Ameritrade Investor Account - requires two-factor

Options
sswriter
sswriter Member ✭✭
In trying to create an account in Quicken for MAC (new install), I select TD AMeritrade Institutional Advisor Client (correct). They use two factor authentication. I get a "Server Communication Error" saying that it can't set up the account. "OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)" is the error. It looks like it's not prompting me for the two factor code as it should. How to fix?

Best Answer

• jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I also wasn't able to set up my TD Ameritrade Advisor accounts for download in Quicken.  I called TD Ameritrade and they activated my accounts for download and gave me a user name and password to log in with using TD Ameritrade not TD Ameritrade Advisor as the bank name.  This did not change my log in credentials for the advisor web site, only for the Quicken direct connect.  

Answers

• jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I also wasn't able to set up my TD Ameritrade Advisor accounts for download in Quicken.  I called TD Ameritrade and they activated my accounts for download and gave me a user name and password to log in with using TD Ameritrade not TD Ameritrade Advisor as the bank name.  This did not change my log in credentials for the advisor web site, only for the Quicken direct connect.  
This discussion has been closed.