Download transactions over 90 days old from PayPal

Just took over managing the books. I reconciled the account and Quicken downloaded the last 3 months of data from PayPal. However, transactions from PayPal were not downloaded for March, April, May, June and July of 2021. How can I download these transactions into Quicken? I am missing 5 months of data!

Thanks,
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    It's the financial institution (Paypal, NOT Quicken) that determines how far back transactions can be downloaded during an download started within Q.
    See if Paypal's site will allow you to begin a download FROM their website into Q.
    BTW, 90 days it pretty much the max that any FI will allow for Q-initiated downloads, although there  are a few exceptions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NTSPP
    NTSPP Member
    Thanks for your help! I can download a QIF file from PayPal but I can't figure out how to upload it to Quicken on the web for Mac's.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    QIF is not a supported format. For importing into Quicken, you need to download a QXF file. If PayPal doesn't provide a QXF export, you're pretty much out of luck. (There are some third-party utility programs which claim to convert QIF to QFX; they aren't supported by Quicken, but you can explore that if you wish.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It looks like QXF is not an option from Paypal (at least I didn't see it).
    There is a way to get Quicken to import the transactions from the QIF & that's by creating a new Quicken file. Quicken will read a QIF as part of setting up a new file, so go ahead & put the Paypal transactions into a new file. Then export the new file as a QXF. Re-open your main Quicken data file & import the QXF. I think it'll put those transactions into a new account, but from there you can drag & drop them into your current Paypal account.
    It's a bit cumbersome, but as a one-time thing it's not that bad.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• NTSPP
    NTSPP Member
    I took over as treasurer for our local non-profit. The person before me did no download transactions for over 90 days. I know how to get a 6 month download from PayPal but can't figure out a way to import it into Quicken for Mac on the web.

Any help?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the web?  You probably have to import it to quicken on your Mac.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Mac only allows importing a QIF file when first creating an account.  You can't use it for ongoing downloading of transactions.  I suppose a workaround would be to import it and create a new account and then move the transactions need from the new account to the one that is setup for downloading transactions.

I don't know that exact details of the QIF import because I'm not using the Windows version, but hopefully if you need the details some Mac user will see this and respond.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't believe QMac will import a QIF file at all. Can you download a QFX file from the bank? QMac can import that. If not, do you have access to a Windows machine. If so, you could import the QIF into a new QWin file, then import that QWin file into QMac. 

If you get the transactions into QMac in a new account, you can simply select them all, then drag them to the original account in the sidebar. Then delete the now-empty imported account.

In any event, you cannot do any of this in Quicken on the web. You must do it in Quicken desktop.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You already asked this question once, did you even try what I suggested?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems I had the details wrong, it has to be a whole new Quicken data file.

Thanks @Jon
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    It seems I had the details wrong, it has to be a whole new Quicken data file.

Thanks @Jon

QIF import into QMac is only supported during the initial creation of a new data file. You may be able to import a QIF into QMac BUT it most often will fail or the results are unpredictable since Quicken abandoned support for QIF import into QMac a long time ago.

And as pointed out, importing of any data must be done on the desktop version, which you can then sync to Quicken Web. Quicken Web does not import data from downloaded files.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.