How to deal with a downloaded balance being backward?

I have a credit card through a credit union that just recently changed their credit card portal. I was just able to figure out how to download and connect the transactions from the credit union system. But when I went to reconcile the balance showing in Quicken per the bank was showing as a positive number instead of a negative number. The balance is correct just backwards. How do I correct this?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I see the same thing on my credit card accounts. I think that's just the way the reconcile window works, so there's nothing for you to fix.

I do wonder what it would show if you actually had a positive balance; I had that happen a couple years ago on one of my cards, but that was before the current reconciliation window was added.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Jeff_H
    Jeff_H Member
    Interesting to know that I am not the only one that this is happening to. Prior to the bank’s system upgrade the balance did come in a negative. The problem is that now that it is positive I don’t know how to fix the reconciliation so that it properly balances and can be reconciled. I don’t want to disconnect the account from the interface just so that I can reconcile it, but at the same time I want to make sure that it does reconcile properly.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    {Removed}
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Which reconcile window are you seeing a positive balance in? In my case, the first window (where it asks "How would you like to reconcile your balance?") shows it as a positive number, but on the next window where you actually compare the two balances they're both negative numbers.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Jeff_H
    Jeff_H Member
    On the "how would you like to reconcile your balance?" the balance does show as a negative number for the Use Online Balance. Then when you click Next, to get to the "reconcile your account balance" page, the online balance actually changes to a positive number. This is then causing the variance between the Online Balance and the Quicken Balance to be doubled.
This discussion has been closed.