Calendar View - Show Only Scheduled Transactions (Q Mac)

MoMoney99
MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
I see that when looking at the Calendar view, you can select to view all transactions but what I really want to see are just scheduled transactions that have specific dates I've set for those transactions. Is there no way of seeing this? It would be far more useful than having the calendar show me every single transaction that has been entered for those accounts.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Hello @MoMoney99

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. I believe it is not possible to only show scheduled transactions as the calendar will always include all transactions as you mentioned. I'd like to double-check this is the case though first but I won't be able to do so til tomorrow. I'll give you a more definitive answer when I'm able to double-check that is the case.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello
    > @MoMoney99
    >
    > Thank
    > you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. I believe it is not possible to only show scheduled transactions as the calendar will always include all transactions as you mentioned. I'd like to double-check this is the case though first but I won't be able to do so til tomorrow. I'll give you a more definitive answer when I'm able to double-check that is the case.
    >
    > If you have any questions please let us know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >
    > Quicken
    > Francisco

Any update on this? Why can't the development team simply add a filter that would allow us to only show the scheduled transactions on the Calendar view? Most people don't want to see every single transaction on the calendar view, they want to see their recurring bills/scheduled transactions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @MoMoney99 There are two problems here. You wrote: "Most people don't want to see every single transaction on the calendar view" but the reality is that lots of people want to see lots of different things. Second, while the addition of a filter for only showing scheduled transactions may not be too difficult to implement, it still has to rise up the priority list to get tackled. There are several hundred features requests users have asked the developers to implement, and since they can only work on a handful at a time, they have to prioritize the issues they think will impact the largest number of users or have the largest impact. They use the votes on this forum for enhancement requests, feedback from Quicken Support about problem areas, and their own list of desired changes to decide what to tackle when. 

I found one existing Idea thread requesting a change to the calendar to make scheduled transactions easier to see. That Idea request has yet to receive any votes after a year, so it's not something the developers will look at. You might want to create your own Idea post for your specific feature request -- a filter to show only scheduled transactions -- to see if it garners votes from fellow Quicken Mac users. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.