Relabelling Text in a Spending Graph Legend or Title?

MRT1953
MRT1953 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I create a Spending Report graph, e.g., for electrical costs for the last three years by month. the document to be printed is titled "Spending By Category", and the legend is labelled "Spending Amount". Without exporting all the data into a spreadsheet, renaming the variables and recreating the same graph, how can I relabel my Quicken (for Windows) prints for example, "Power Usage" as the title, and "Electricity" as the legend?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming this is a report accessed via the Reports menu, you can click on the gear to customize it and enter a new title on the Display tab. I'm not sure what you mean by the legend - which report are you starting with?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MRT1953
    MRT1953 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jim, for your prompt guidance. Here's my step-through: Reports > Spending > Spending By Category > select Category variable (e.g., Utilities - Gas) > Show Graph. Now I see where to change the title (Thank you!), but the graph legend (colour bar + label) in the centre RHS of the report to be printed just shows "Spending Amount", not "Utilities - Gas" as is displayed on the equivalent screen view.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that if you have chosen a Column setting for the Spending by Category report, you get a bar chart of past spending. As soon as I select Categories for the report, the table with the total spending changes to one item, "Spending amount". I don't think there is any way of setting the legend for the bar chart.

It would be much nicer IMO if it were a stacked bar chart with the selected Categories.

QWin Premier subscription
  • MRT1953
    MRT1953 Member ✭✭
    Thanks again, Jim! Yes, if Quicken reporting graphs offered stacked bar graphs, we would have clarity of cumulative spending per time period, and a need for a correctly configured Categories/Payee/Tag legends!
This discussion has been closed.