Some of my RBC Wealth Management accounts stopped downloading

Options
Paul_
Paul_ Member ✭✭
I have 5 investment accounts with RBC Wealth Management: a brokerage account, two standard IRAs and two Roth IRAs, all under the same set of login credentials.

At the end of October 2021, I noticed that the two Roth IRA accounts had not downloaded any transactions since the end of July 2021 even though there are transactions visible via the RBC website and on my paper statements. The brokerage and two IRAs have continued to download okay.

Quicken reports the account status of all my RBC and my other accounts as Green.

The connection type for all the RBC Wealth Management accounts is "Direct Connect". I using Quicken Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100) on MacOS 10.14.6

I've tried reseting the connection on one of the Roth's and also disconnecting and reconnecting the account with no success.

Does any one else have a similar problem or have any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Paul_,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

It does seem strange that only your Roth IRA accounts are not updating. Can I have you open a new data file so we can test this issue there, please?

To do this;

1. Click on File.

2. Click on New.

3. Select Start from scratch.

4. You can choose Don't use mobile & web and click Next.

5. Type "RBC" into the financial institution window.

6. Select RBC Wealth Management, as you were before.

7. Enter your credentials and follow the prompts until all of the accounts are added to the new file.

Do the Roth IRA accounts have any new information here that they didn't have in your original file? Let us know how it goes!

Quicken Alyssa

• Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Alyssa.

I followed your instructions. The two Roth accounts did not include any "real" transactions, only placeholder transactions for entering the cost basis of the holdings in those accounts.

The other accounts downloaded the last two years of transactions, current as of yesterday.

What next?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again, @Paul_,

The Roth IRA accounts, still not bringing in transactions, even in the new file, indicate that the financial institution is not sending the information over. Unfortunately, at this point, you will need to call the Royal Bank for more information on this. It could be something as simple as enabling those accounts or possibly needing to use a different instance of RBC to download that information. I can not say for sure what the issue is, but hopefully, they can shed some more light on it for you.

Quicken Alyssa
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, @Quicken Alyssa,

I've already passed on a link to this thread to RBC WM IT via my finical advisor.
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I've been pestering RBC over the past few months on getting this problem fixed. I've finally been given this explanation, which I don't understand. Can anyone, @Quicken Alyssa, perhaps, explain this to me?

Message from RBC to me:
    -------
    OK here we go…. Fingers crossed! The scheduled update is for next Friday the 28th. Apparently there is still a lot of work to be done for that but that’s the plan. I received the following comments regarding your other questions…

The technical explanation was, “the Quicken data is categorizing the failing transactions and activity types in the underlying business logic is not being accepted by our service layer”. I asked for a better explanation to go back to the client and I’m told there isn’t one. It’s a very “technical” issue between RBC and Quicken.

As far as I/we know, Mr. XXX is the only client reporting this issue but we assume it would affect other clients but either they haven’t notice or don’t care. We’re not completely sure. The fix we’re implementing is based on Mr. XXX’s Quicken file.
    ------
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul_ said:
    So I've been pestering RBC over the past few months on getting this problem fixed. I've finally been given this explanation, which I don't understand. Can anyone, @Quicken Alyssa, perhaps, explain this to me?

Message from RBC to me:
    -------
    OK here we go…. Fingers crossed! The scheduled update is for next Friday the 28th. Apparently there is still a lot of work to be done for that but that’s the plan. I received the following comments regarding your other questions…

The technical explanation was, “the Quicken data is categorizing the failing transactions and activity types in the underlying business logic is not being accepted by our service layer”. I asked for a better explanation to go back to the client and I’m told there isn’t one. It’s a very “technical” issue between RBC and Quicken.

As far as I/we know, Mr. XXX is the only client reporting this issue but we assume it would affect other clients but either they haven’t notice or don’t care. We’re not completely sure. The fix we’re implementing is based on Mr. XXX’s Quicken file.
    ------
    Hello @Paul,

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced in dealing with this matter. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about this and keep us updated regarding the situation.

Some of the technical jargon is difficult to parse, and it is difficult to provide specifics after reading the response that has been provided. It is clear, however, that RBC is working on a resolution and may need some time to develop this. I do appreciate your patience in the face of this difficulty.

I look forward to any further follow up you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to check back in with us.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • Paul_
    Paul_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    This problem appears to have been fixed with the release of Quicken Premier 6.5.3 for Mac and a reset of my quicken cloud account for my data file.
This discussion has been closed.