Does Balance Forecasting Still Exclude Budgeted Amounts?

MoMoney99
MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
I'm trying to find the best way to replicate envelope budgeting and thought perhaps I could use balance forecasting instead, but from what I've read thus far, it seems that Quicken does not include any budgeted amounts in the forecast, only actual bill reminders that have been entered which is kind of pointless as it doesn't take into considering other monthly ongoing expenses that are not necessary scheduled e.g. groceries, clothing etc.

Is this still the case? Anyone found a great way of accomplishing envelope budgeting on the Mac version of Quicken? It also seems to be missing Goals as well.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MoMoney99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Mac does not currently include budgeted amounts in the projected balances, nor does it offer the ability for envelope budgeting and Savings Goals. Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this budgeted amounts in the Projected balance instead as well as this active Idea post regarding Envelope Budgeting and this active Idea post which is currently also marked as Under Consideration regarding Savings Goals

If you would like to see these features be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.