How do I open my most recent check register - I must have clicked it closed, then quit.

Gotom
Gotom Member ✭✭✭
Then I may have messed around with an older account. When my Quicken subscription app is opened there's no register. Open Recent shows the old files (including Sanitized whatever that is - Open File leads to older ones. Is there a Time Machine approach?

Best Answers

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep!! That did it guys - thank you both!

Great support here - right when you need it . . . thanks again.

Tom
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It is very hard for us to tell what's going on via these screenshots. You should contact Quicken Support and let them screen share with you. That's the only way this will probably get resolved.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    The default location for QMac to store the data files is in (username)>Library>Application Support>Quicken>Documents.  Have a look there and see if you see your current file. If so, just double click it. If you don't know how to get to your Library folder, a quick Google search will show you the many ways. If the file is not there, and assuming you didn't manually put it somewhere else, then opening Time Machine from that location may let you recover the missing file.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    These are the contents Rick - but the dates don't look right . . .
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Are the dates when the file was created - or modified? Doesn't a backup create a new file?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The dates are when the file was last modified.

Have you tried using Spotlight to look for other .quicken files on your computer?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Some days are like this - now getting a Body is required error posting results of Spotlite
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Content of App Support
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Can't seem to post the image!
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Library
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Spotlight
  • Jon
    I don't think the forum software will let you post a picture without any text.
    The Spotlight search is showing a couple of "Union 6" Quicken files dated Monday - are those not the file you're looking for?

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Is Quicken 6 the current subscription app?
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe the numbers don't indicate app version . . .
  • Jon
    edited November 2021
    I don't think those are Quicken version numbers, they're probably just numbers that got added on at various points when you somehow managed to save a duplicate copy of the file. Anyway, I'd try opening the "Union 6" file & see if that's what you're looking for. Good luck...

• RickO
    I think your Quicken file was named "Union.quicken". They way that often results in a bunch of same named files with a number appended is when you restore a backup. If the file already exists, the system will add a sequence number, thus creating a whole new Quicken file. That can result in missing date if you open an earlier one. 

As Jon said, I'd try opening the Union 6 files and see if it is current (or current enough). If it is, then use menu File > Rename to remove the " 6" to get back to your basic filename. 

BTW, the Sanitized files are something that can get created when working with Quicken support. It is a replica of your file with nonsense text replacing every piece of actual data. They are of no use to you after working with support. You can delete them.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yep!! That did it guys - thank you both!

Great support here - right when you need it . . . thanks again.

Tom
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Now I can't find the post with the advice ~ do a quick Google re using Time Machine. Was it posted elsewhere?
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Am getting this message - shall I set a new one up - does this relate to the update to 6.4.4?
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    It is very hard for us to tell what's going on via these screenshots. You should contact Quicken Support and let them screen share with you. That's the only way this will probably get resolved.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Hmmm - guess you're not there weekends . . . Tom
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    OK Rick - have your message re contacting  Support! Thanks for all your help - Tom
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    [Upon re-reading the thread, my post here wasn't relevant, so I removed it to avoid confusion]
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.