my account will not allow me to reconcile

Options
I request reconciliation but Quicken comes back with "there are no items to reconcile" even though i can clearly see a number of items that must be reconciled. What should i do to fix this?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reconciliation uses the Posting Date of transactions to decide what is to be shown, enter a later date for the date when reconciling, it may display and mark for reconciliation extra transactions, but you can un-select them.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bp_van
    bp_van Member
    Options
    thanks for the response but i am not able to set a date as the message comes up right after i type ctrl R
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bp_van said:
    thanks for the response but i am not able to set a date as the message comes up right after i type ctrl R
    What type of account is this?  What version of Quicken (Help->About Quicken) ?

• bp_van
    bp_van Member
    Options
    version R33.7 (Canada) so it is the latest version. It is a chequing account.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With my Checking account selected, when doing Ctrl+r or Ctrl+R, I get the following pop-up:

I wouldn't think that the Cdn version would be any different than the US version for this process.
    Are you possibly reconciling to the online balance?

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bp_van said:
    I suggest you open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R.
  • bp_van
    bp_van Member
    Options
    thanks - it worked!