Errors Updating w/TIAA

This discussion was created from comments split from: TIAA Bank is throwing CC-501 errors again.

Comments

• rfrome
    rfrome Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems with the TIAA-Quicken interface. Intermittent at best; works perhaps every other week.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem has been isolated to being on the TIAA Bank side.  TIAA Bank, since their recent awful web site redesign, has has issues with its servers properly connecting to Quicken.  

I've spent considerable time with IT support testing and working through issues.  The problem is on the TIAA Bank side.  

Now here is the sad part.  EverBank and early on following the merger - was a very good bank.  Not anymore.  Service has gone to crap.  They know they have this problem, and truly do not seem to care.
  • khg
    khg Member ✭✭✭
    When the issue was last happening in the spring, I had to switch over to manual downloading of QFX file from TIAA Bank. Things finally got working after many weeks. Now, after TIAA system updates over the weekend, the inability to connect is back, but today, I cannot even use the downloaded file. I get this error message: "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."
  • stevekvt
    stevekvt Member ✭✭
    I called TIAA and they told me that they have instituted a policy of disallowing aggregators such as Quicken to access their systems during daytime business hours, which apparently also includes weekends.
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue and it's really frustrating. Almost makes me want to change banks.
  • kerbs17
    kerbs17 Member
    Wow, that is really frustrating, I do most of my financial chores after the kids are asleep. Been thinking about changing banks for a while, this may put me over the edge.
  • fun
    fun Member ✭✭
    Unable to use TIAA one-step update for the past 10 days. A recurring problem with TIAA
  • esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    One step for TIAA bank stopped working. Getting CC-501 Error. What's up?
  • I'm also having the same problem. I deactivated one-step update and haven't been able to set up online access - going on for about 12 days now.