Can't download from USAA

gmtimms
gmtimms Member
When I attempt to do a One Step Update, it tells me my USAA password is incorrect. I can log into USAA with the same password with no issues.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello @gmtimms

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this issue. I was able to take a further look into your account and found no error. To be of better assistance could you attempt to add the account in a test file, please?

To do this select File >New >Start from scratch. Once the test file has been created attempt to add the USAA account only

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you do come across any error codes or messages. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • gmtimms
    gmtimms Member
    Thank You,By opening up a new acct I was able to perform a direct Connect. Now I would like to merge the USAA accounts with all of my other accts in Quicken. What are the steps to do this?
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    - to gmtimms
    The name and password used in Quicken One Step Update is not the same as the name and password used when logging onto the USAA website. Recommend you contact Quicken support and have them lead you through the password used by Quicken. If Quicken Support says they don't know about this change try going to USAA Technical Support. You will need to delete the new account you created earlier.
  • Hello @gmtimms,

Thank you for following the steps requested by @Quicken Paloma.

So it seems that you are having this issue in your original file, but not in the test file. This would indicate that the original file has an issue. 

Are you using Bill Manager features? If not, I would suggest creating a copy of your original file and then reconnecting ALL connected accounts.

To do this;
    1. Go to File.
    2. Select Copy or Backup File.
    3. Choose the second option, Create a copy or template and click Next.
    4. Click Save Copy.
    5. When asked which file to open, choose New Copy and click Ok.

Now you can use the plus sign to "Add Accounts", you will choose the financial institution, put in your credentials, and when it finds the accounts make sure the action is LINK to existing, not add. 

I would suggest doing this with the USAA account first, just to make sure you still don't see the same issues as before. 

If you do use Bill Manager, there will be more things to consider. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Quicken Alyssa
  • gmtimms
    gmtimms Member
    Thank You for your response. I have taken care of the problem. I called USAA and their technical support was able to fix the issue.
  • @gmtimms,

That's fantastic news! If you don't mind, we would all appreciate knowing the steps that led to your resolution. It will undoubtedly help others who have this same issue in the future.

Thanks for the update!

Quicken Alyssa
  • gmtimms
    gmtimms Member
    I had to create a brand new acct which I had already done twice and once USAA allowed Quicken to gain information USAA found two accts which did not match, however in the drop down it asks if you wanted to link to another acct and that list popped up and in that list was my second attempt at creating a new USAA acct and when I picked that one it took it and updated it. My problem all allow was once I created and downloaded one time, it wouldn't allow access again. This time it did! Hope this helps.
  • @gmtimms,

Thank you! That is much appreciated! Glad to hear it is now working for you!

Quicken Alyssa
  • Rex Adams
    Rex Adams Member ✭✭
    I continue to have problems downloading transactions from 3 USAA accounts (1 checking and 2 credit cards). I tried cancelling the downloading feature, then re-installing it (selecting direct download and providing the Access ID and PIN that USAA provided. Everything will work fine, but each time I reconnect, it asks me to re-enter the Access ID and PIN--even though 'save to keychain' is selected. Very frustrating...
  • laura sudar
    laura sudar Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issue as Rex Adams: Every time I download transactions, Quicken requires that I provide the PIN connected to my USAA Access ID. Even if I'm only downloading for one non-USAA account, Quicken requests this entry. I've created a new Quicken file and it acts the same way. This is frustrating and making the download experience more difficult to perform. I'm running Quicken Version 6.4.5 (Build 604.41859.100) for macOS 11.6.1.
  • kampr
    kampr Member
    I am having the same issue as Rex Adams and Laura Sudar. Quicken (USAA?) makes me re-enter the Access ID and PIN that USAA has provided. I have disconnected the online access and re-connected my USAA accounts (via Direct connect). Whether I "Save to Keychain" or not, Quicken keeps asking for the PIN two times during each download. Frustrating change since early December's Quicken update.
  • kampr
    kampr Member
    Ended up contacting Tech Support and still have this issue. The tech support person was very nice, but it
    is not resolved yet.
This discussion has been closed.