Missing transactions? (Q Mac)

Options
vcwine
vcwine Member
Following the recent Quicken update (6.4.4), when I update my accounts online, many transactions are missing even after they have been reconciled in all my accounts. Balances fluctuate wildly with both deposits and credits. I have been able to trace back some missing transactions, going back several months, but I have no idea what is missing until I have identified that particular transaction. I have had to make many live balance adjustments to reconcile the accounts, but since I don't know what's missing, all the expenditures or income within the categories are no longer accurate. This renders any reporting tools useless.

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @vcwine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I hope it's ok that I ask you a few follow-up questions. Where is your data file located? You can easily tell this by going up to File and then clicking on Show "file name" in Finder. You said this is only an issue since the last update. If that is the case we can always restore a pre-update backup. You can find your backups easily by going to File, Show Backups in Finder. 

Look forward to hearing back from you on this!

Quicken Alyssa

• herorog
    herorog Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Reconciled transactions occasionally just disappear from register when opening Quicken from previous day. File located where Quicken created it during original install: Library/Application Support/Documents/Quicken
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    herorog said:
    I have the same problem. Reconciled transactions occasionally just disappear from register when opening Quicken from previous day. File located where Quicken created it during original install: Library/Application Support/Documents/Quicken
    Hello herorog,

I understand your frustrations, and thank you for checking the file location; that is certainly helpful. It sounds like the transactions downloaded and/or imported successfully, but disappeared later. First, I wanted to know if you have checked your filter settings in the register under the 'Transactions' tab. Try using the 'Clear Filters' button if you can to see if these transactions are merely hidden. Also be sure to save a backup and try resetting the cloud by going to Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services>Reset in the menu at the top of the screen, just in case we are dealing with a cloud syncing issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.