Capital One: CC-501 Error When Trying to Activate Downloads

ivbec
ivbec Member ✭✭
Trying to download transactions from my Capital One accounts through One-Step Update, I am asked to Reauthorize Accounts. When I try to authorize I get the following error: OOPS: We have a problem. (CC-501). We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken Servers at this time.

Until a week ago I had no issues with downloading with One-Step Update, now I can only download updates from the Capital One website. I have no issues downloading from my other accounts.

How can I fix this?

Comments

• Running version R35.31 and getting error cc-501. Problem was corrected at the end of August, but I'm back to the error situation again. Capital One accepts my "authorization" and sends me an e-mail telling me I linked my Capital One account to Quicken. Quicken shows me the error message and doesn't setup my account for online update.
  • Hello @James W Stone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since unfortunately, the error has resurfaced for you, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review new log files in order to further investigate and re-escalate.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ivbec ,

Change your Password at the bank, then insert the new password into Quicken.

Banks don't advertise the need to change your password, just give you errors. Passwords get stale.

You could call the Bank before doing anything, or simply change the password for a faster fix. Up to you.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• kammengr
    kammengr Member
    I have not been able to do "One Step Update" with Capital One now for well over a couple months because of the cc-501 error. Keep getting the Authorization email from Capital One, but Quicken will not connect.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kammengr

If you haven't done this yet, please review and follow the specific guidance located in this thread - LINK.

If you have been unsuccessful in doing the reauthorization process, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support directly and request assistance with that process.  Here's the LINK to Q Support.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Solution for me -
    Deactivate 1-step update in Quicken for all Capital One accounts;
    Log in to browser Capital One and click profile / security / and remove the Quicken connector;
    Close Quicken;
    Open Quicken;
    Add Account - do not choose the picture icon for Capital One, instead, start typing Capital One in the search for financial institutions;
    Select Capital One - New.
    Follow the Sync steps

This allowed for adding the accounts back in and Linking to Existing accounts. One Step Update works fine now after this resetting of the connection to Capital One.
  • Solution for me -
    Deactivate 1-step update in Quicken for all Capital One accounts;
    Log in to browser Capital One and click profile / security / and remove the Quicken connector;
    Close Quicken;
    Open Quicken;
    Add Account - do not choose the picture icon for Capital One, instead, start typing Capital One in the search for financial institutions;
    Select Capital One - New.
    Follow the Sync steps

This allowed for adding the accounts back in and Linking to Existing accounts. One Step Update works fine now after this resetting of the connection to Capital One.
This discussion has been closed.