Net worth charts not working properly

Options
I'm having the same problem I see others have commented on with no resolution.

Net Worth on the Home page was fine until I made a change to the dates included after the recent update.

Both the net worth on the home page and the net worth summary clicked off the Home page are drastically inaccurate. If I unselect all of the expenses in categories, it comes close

Attached are the details (by clicking on the last column in the chart) including some account examples with comments.

If I include all accounts, categories, etc. The resulting net worth is about half the accurate number. It really goes wonky when I made large purchases in 2018 and 2020 where I took money out of an investment account.

I have had what seems like the same problem using the Savings Analysis for years. After playing around with the options a bunch, I found if I uncheck all the expenses from the categories tab, it came out to something close, but still doesn't match what's in the Accounts column (which is accurate).

I don't understand why you changed things like net worth to include categories, All it needs is the values of the accounts.

Using Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth is accurate.
Using Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balance is accurate.

On the positive side -
When I start with Using Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth
and then change it from there, I get the right answer.

Comments

• melissaf23
    Options
    Well, I figured out how to fix it. I deleted the Net Worth panel from the Home page and added it back.
    That fixed it. It now performs as expected.
  • melissaf23
    Options
    When I make a change to Emergency Funds in Savings Analysis... it goes back to a wonky number (around 10% of the actual number). Then I delete Savings Analysis and re-add it and then the number is correct.
This discussion has been closed.