Problem paying Duke Energy

I've been paying Duke Energy as an online biller for gas and electric since starting with bill manager (and bill pay before that). I recently received my latest bill and tried to pay it. When I try to submit the payment I receive an error stating:

"Could not initiate payment on biller site via service provider.
Additional information: Bill Pay Service provider did not respond to Review Payment request.

Just before this, I paid my Internet and phone provider with no trouble.

I only have about 8 monthly payments. Two are for credit cards that do not work with bill manager. One is for my water supplier that does not work with bill manager. Now my utility provider. I'm wondering why I'm paying for bill manager if I have to go through the inconvenience of going to so many individual web sites anyway. So much for ease of use.

Comments

• michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact problem with Duke. I did see on their website that Duke was upgrading their commerce/online payment system but was supposed to be back online 11/5. I'm guessing they broke the comm link that Bill Manager uses. They may not even know about it. I'm going to give them this week before paying them directly.
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    update... their website says they are still working on updating their systems. they are not charging any late fees or doing cutoffs while this is going on. Just wait....
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    For about a month now, Quick Pay will not work with Duke Energy. I get this message:

Could not initiate payment on biller site via Service Provider.
    Additional Information: Bill Pay Service Provider service did not respond to Review Payment request.

I've deleted and re-added Duke as an online billler but get the same result.
  • Hello @michaelkfox

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this persisting issue. I have taken a further look into your account and submitted a bug report. When an update is received we will let you know. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Quicken Paloma
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    Same here.
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    Is there any update on this? I still cannot submit a Quick Pay to Duke Energy. Same error message which is -

"Could not initiate payment on biller site via Service Provider.
    Additional information: Bill Pay Service Provider service did not respond to Review Payment request."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @michaelkfox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please try to Review and Repair Payments to see if the issue still continues to persist afterward? First, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Payments in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    I have done this. repaired payments, and repaired online billers. The issue still persists with Duke Engergy. All other billers I am able to send Quick Pay with no problems. Just Duke Energy.
  • Mike4
    Mike4 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. It's been this way for 2 months now.
  • Mike4
    Mike4 Member ✭✭
    Problem still there this month.
  • harley85
    harley85 Member
    edited January 16
    cannot pay Duke Energy. Used to be able to. Fix this! [Edited-Readability]
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    I can't tell if anyone at Quicken is working on this! Still can't pay Duke Energy!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    This is still broken, cannot Quick Pay to Duke Energy.
  • poseyjr145
    poseyjr145 Member ✭✭
    I am having same issue, Is there been a solution to this issue yet? If not, is there a estimated time for resolution?
  • kpopp116
    kpopp116 Member
    edited January 16
    Typical Quicken... Issue is months old and still not fixed. [Removed-Rant] Just fix the problem with this.
  • michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    Can someone from Quicken please let us know if this is being worked on? It has been several months now and we cannot Quickpay Duke Energy!
  • hfa1
    hfa1 Member ✭✭
    Helooooo someone from Quicken. This problem with Quickpay Duke Energy has been going on for months. At least acknowlege us and let us know what is being done. Your silence on this matter is unwarranted and very unprofessional. I look forward to your reply.
  • Mike4
    Mike4 Member ✭✭
    Same issue last month. This month it has not even presented my statement yet. It has been on the Duke web site for a few days. I keep hoping it will pop up. I am not impressed with the speed of Quicken's response to this ongoing problem. I have told a couple of people I know who were thinking about signing up for Bill Manager and they have opted not to pay for service like this. I'll let them know when it's fixed and they can reconsider. If not fixed soon, I may join them in opting out.
  • Pete M
    Pete M Member ✭✭
    Problem with Duke Energy remains. Last time it worked as advertised was October 2021. Please make the repair.
  • Mike4
    Mike4 Member ✭✭
    edited January 16
    Yep. Now I'm getting the same error this month. It finally presented my Duke bill, after a few days, but am still getting the same error now. Quicken online services are a mess. Now I can't download transactions from my main financial institution due to an error CC-501, that Quicken itself says is something they have to fix on their end. Just browsing messages here, a lot of people see recurring and numerous problems with online banking and they persist for long periods of time. C'mon Quicken. Get moving. I have used Quicken since the early 1990s and online services used to work great. Now they just keep getting more frustrating. I really wish there was a one product alternative. Back when Microsoft Money was a competitor, there was an incentive to be the best. Now there is no incentive - and it shows.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    @Mike4,

I need you to contact Quicken Support by phone. There are several steps that need to be taken to remedy your situation and it would be unhelpful to post those steps in a discussion regarding an issue with a biller. 

When you call you can let the agent know that your data files migration has failed and you need assistance resolving the errors that are currently present on your accounts. 

Please go to Help>Report a problem from within your software when you see this. This way, when you call, they can see the errors you have been getting from this date forward. 

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    Alyssa - What about all the rest of us that are still unable to Quickpay to Duke Energy? Since October 2021 it does not work.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @michaelfox,

I actually need you to follow the same steps provided above for @Mike4. Unfortunately, your migration also shows a failed status.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I have reported the biller issues for you and @Mike4 internally and you should both receive a response via email within the next 48hours. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• michaelkfox
    michaelkfox Member ✭✭
    edited January 16
    I don't know what 'migration' means. I have already called support. They created a ticket, and they escalated my issue to the Bill Manager team. I was told I would hear back from them within 48 hours. That was over a month ago. There are a number of us that cannot Quickpay to Duke Energy. Everything else in Quicken works perfectly. There is a problem with the Duke Energy interface. I don't know what else to do, so frustrated....
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @poseyjr145,

It appears that you have deleted all of your billers, so I am assuming that you are no longer using the Bill Manager feature.

If you decide to re-add the biller and try again, let us know if you have further complications so we can assist. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    @michaelkfox,

Please contact support as instructed above. Be sure to mention the failed migration and they can explain what this means and help you to get it resolved. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    Hello all,

I have gone through and reported this issue internally for every person individually. All of you should receive a response within 48 business hours. 

I do hope this effort helps get this resolved for you all. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa