Why is Cleared Balance showing an amount in Reconcile window?

I have entered my Ending Balance in the Reconcile window, but when I choose OK my Cleared Balance is not 0. But my register does not show any transaction with "c" for cleared?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @chanm

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your reconcile window. One thing that might help us here in figuring out the issue would be to get a couple of screenshots of the issue as that'll help us figure out what might be happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you get a chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do in order to solve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• WDBofVA
    WDBofVA Member
    The reconcile screen shows a 'Cleared Balance' before any items have been cleared.
  • WDBofVA
    WDBofVA Member
    OOPS - My bad. I forgot that it works up from the previous balance rather than from zero.
  • Hello @WDBofVA,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. Thank you for providing that screenshot! 

Is it possible that the cleared transactions are in a different time than you are specifying for your reconciliation? You can sort the register by column, so click on the Clr column heading. now the register will be sorted. Scroll until you see anything with a "C" in that column. 

Please let us know how this goes.

Quicken Alyssa
  • WDBofVA
    WDBofVA Member
    Thanks, but I think I figured it out. The 'Cleared Balance' showed the ending balance of the prior statement to start with. That cause the difference between the beginning and ending balances to show in the difference summary, which seemed odd. I have been using Quciken for many years and had remembered the 'Cleared Balance' as starting at 0.00 and increasing as I added cleared transactions. It looked strange but ignoring that, the difference came to zero as I cleared all the statement transactions. It's a subtractive process rather than an additive one. I guess I never really paid attention before. While figuring out what was going on, I temporarily changed the beginning balance figure auto-filled by Quicken and discovered a new line popping up showing that difference. Live and learn. Regards.
This discussion has been closed.