Add new account but do not download old transactions

Options
Is there a way to tell Quicken to add let's say a new Checking account but start with just an opening balance and then download transactions going forward? Some of my accounts are bringing it a lot of transactions and the descriptions are all messed up and would like to start from a clean slate and keep things nice and tidy. Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If you use the Web Connect connection method, you may be able to limit the date range of the transaction imported.  Otherwise, I suggest you delete the transactions you do not want to keep.  With the transactions sorted by date, select the earliest transaction, press the Shift key and select the last transaction you don't want to keep, and then press Ctrl + D.
  • badmoves
    badmoves Member
    Options
    Thanks. So I can just manually adjust or recreate the opening balance transaction?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    badmoves said:
    Thanks. So I can just manually adjust or recreate the opening balance transaction?

Yes. However, I would not delete the Opening Balance transaction, but simply edit the Date and Amount to match your bank balance on your desired starting Date.
This discussion has been closed.