Why am I unable to view transactions with Charles Schwab after recent update and notice?

Jak29672
Jak29672 Member ✭✭
An notice last night told me to re-register my investment account with Charles Schwab. I did that but now can't see individual transactions. That option is greyed out.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jak29672

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

It sounds as though the option for Simple Investing may have automatically turned on when reactivating the Schwab investment accounts.

If you haven't already, please open the register for the affected account and select the Settings button in the lower right.  In the general tab, toggle the switch to "Detailed", then Done to close the window.

Your investment transactions should now be available to view, but please let us know if you continue to experience an issue or have any further questions/concerns that the community may assist with.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Click on your Schwab account, then click on Settings. Change the investment tracking from Simple too Detailed. your transactions will re-appear. Apparently something in the Schwab update is causing the accounts to be set to Simple investment tracking.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jak29672
    Jak29672 Member ✭✭
    Yes, that worked. Now sure why those settings were changed with Schwab update. But thank you for getting back to me.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Jak29672

Thank you for confirming that worked to restore access to the transaction history, but you should have also received a dialogue window during the reactivation flow, asking if you would like to use the Simple or Detailed investing view.

Do you happen to remember if you received that window/prompt when reactivating?

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Jak29672
    Jak29672 Member ✭✭
    I did not see that prompt.
  • Jak29672
    Jak29672 Member ✭✭
    Again, thank you for your help. Why the program keep prompting me to re-register with Schwab? It asks me to do that every time. I have already completed the task.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Jak29672

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing repeated requests to complete the register process with Schwab and thank you for letting us know.

Our teams are aware and are investigating this issue, but if you haven't already, would you mind deactivating the Schwab accounts (Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account) and then go to the "+" icon on the upper right or the Accounts tab > New to reactivate them.

Be sure to link the accounts to their already existing name in Quicken and once completed, please let us know if you continue to receive the prompts to re-register the Schwab accounts.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Jak29672
    Jak29672 Member ✭✭
    Several observations during and after following your instructions. During the process of reactivating the accounts I first went into Charles Schwab Bank for checking and savings accounts. Was able to reactivate. Then I started process to reactivate investment and IRA accounts. This time i used Charles Schwab (not bank). The message while processing says "Signing into Bank Accounts....". Next i was able to successfully "link" all the accounts. However, when it tried to automatically update, I got a message by each account "It appears this account was deleted or otherwise removed in Quicken Web or Quicken Mobile. Do you want to keep or delete this account. Obviously I said "keep". When everything updated again, a couple off duplicate transactions appeared in the checking account.

Now, after all that I closed Quicken, rebooted my computer and opened Quicken. Unfortunately, the message "Charles Schwab is changing the way Quicken connects accounts" notice appeared again.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Jak29672

Thank you for trying and posting back with the results and observations. Since that step did not work to resolve the prompts to re-authorize the account, would you mind opening Quicken and going to the Help menu > Report a Problem option and submitting a report?

Thank you again,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.