Quicken asking me to sign into Schwab - I do not currently have a Schwab account.

megnmac
megnmac Member ✭✭✭
I do not currently have a Schwab account. How can I stop the screen in downloads asking me to sign in?

Comments

• megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    I keep getting a screen asking me to sign in to Schwab. I do not have a Schwab account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Do you have any old, closed Schwab account(s)? If so, you'll want to open its settings and disconnect it from downloading.

If you have no Schwab account and have never had one, I can't imagine why it's asking you to log into Schwab.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    I'll try that. although it hasn't been downloading for 15 years.
  • jacobs
    Quicken and Schwab have been rolling out a new method of connectivity recently. So perhaps Quicken is detecting your old Schwab accounts and trying to get you to update them to the new connectivity system. Removing downloading from the accounts would possibly fix this. It's just a guess... 
  • DGBII
    DGBII Member
    I keep having to sign into my current Schwab accounts when I want to update Quicken, even though I have enabled Quicken on my Schwab accounts. What can I do do stop this happening? It's extremely irritating.
  • DGBII
    DGBII Member
    I just called Quicken help. To fix this, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts and delete any accounts in the list that are preceded by a "zz."
  • jacobs
    I would respectfully disagree about deleting old Schwab accounts. You don’t want to delete old accounts… unless you truly want them out of your history. Most people will want to maintain their investing history.

Instead, open any old Schwab account, click on Settings, and deactivate the account for downloading.
  • I too keep getting the alert to sign into Schwab even after I have completed the new activation process which appears to have worked for my active accounts. I do have unused Schwab accounts that show up in the "Hide and Show Accounts" list, with the "zz" prefix, however I have confirmed they are deactivated for downloads. Also, I only have one data file. Any ideas on what to try next to eliminate the recurrent alert?
  • same issue here...every update I get asked to sign-in to Schwab.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [removed - duplicate/off-topic to this thread]

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.