Why do I receive error CC-502 when I try to update one of my Citibank credit cards?

This past week, I received the CC-502 error code frequently when attempting to update a citibank account. On a few occasions, the update was completed, but that was rare. Today I had the same problem. What's the problem?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you haven't already, you may want to review: ONGOING 11/4/21 Citi Bank Citi Cards CC-502/102
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Leslie Lewis

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams are investigating this error and was hoping you would be willing to submit a "Report a Problem" from the Help menu in Quicken.

If so, this report will include the necessary logs for our team to investigate this matter further.  Just go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.  In the window that opens, enter "CitiBank CC-502" in the subject line, mark the box for each file listed and when ready click on Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let us know so we can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your responses. I went to the Citi webpage and checked that I had the correct password. To be on the safe side, I updated the password. When I went back to Quicken, I deleted the online connection. I set up a new online connection and now it works.

No where was a I given the opportunity to select the type of connection to use. It just connected without any further input for me.

Once again, thanks for your help
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your responses. I went to the Citi webpage and checked that I had the correct password. To be on the safe side, I updated the password. When I went back to Quicken, I deleted the online connection. I set up a new online connection and now it works.

No where was a I given the opportunity to select the type of connection to use. It just connected without any further input for me.

Once again, thanks for your help
    To have the opportunity to select the connection method used, select Advanced Options when you identify the financial institution.  For example, select Tools > Add Account...

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Thanks again Sherlock!
This discussion has been closed.