USAA

Love the bank, but they are singlehandedly destroying my quicken experience. Credit card is the problem. Every time I download, they add a new account as opposed to updating existing account. I can't even start over as they won't let me delete existing accounts? Anybody having similar issues?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jlo

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you, we need a few more details. For instance, what connection method are you using? When you state that you are unable to delete the existing account, could you elaborate, please? Are you getting an error message for that instance? 

Please provide more specific details so that we may provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Jlo
    Jlo Member ✭✭
    hi quicken paloma. I use express web connect. there has been several issues. previously when updating the accounts, my credit card account nicknamed 'USAA 7552"would not get updated, instead a new account would be created named USAA 7552.2. next time it would be USAA 7552.3 and so on. sometimes, the transactions updated included current transactions and sometimes they just updated to where the original account was. I would then delete as many of the new accounts created however, last week it would not let me delete the last one created. I eventually hid that account and closed it. very strange!. now, no new accounts are being created but current transactions are not updated on the original account even though I get notified it was. I have deactivated and reactivated numerous time so that does not appear to be a solution. any help would be much appreciated.
  • Hello @Jlo,

Thank you for that update!

I have seen many times when people have issues while using Express Web connect with USAA. I would like to suggest that you sign up for Direct Connect through USAA. They will give you an Access ID & Pin to use in Quicken. Then you would disconnect the Express Web Connect and reconnect using Direct Connect. 

Direct Connect through USAA is free. USAA customers seem to be far more successful using this connection method. 

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns and we will be happy to answer those. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • kavisic
    kavisic Member
    I tried to use Direct Connect, it pulled all my accounts up plus the existing Quicken accounts, however, quicken would not let me link the existing accounts. When I used the add account window I ended up with two accounts. This messes up all reporting due to duplicate transactions!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    kavisic said:
    I tried to use Direct Connect, it pulled all my accounts up plus the existing Quicken accounts, however, quicken would not let me link the existing accounts. When I used the add account window I ended up with two accounts. This messes up all reporting due to duplicate transactions!
    Use this procedure to move the missing transactions from the old account to the new one (be sure to be careful about the opening balance transaction in the new account that needs to be removed).  Then delete the old account:
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hello @kavisic,

Thank you for your update. @Chris_QPW gave a good suggestion to correct the issue. 

I did have a question if that's ok. Did you deactivate the accounts before trying to add them via Direct Connect? If not then that could have been what caused this issue. If you did not deactivate them first, you can restore a backup, deactivate the accounts, and then go through the steps to add/link them again. 

I hope you find this helpful. Do let us know how it goes!

Quicken Alyssa
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    P.S.  I agree with @Quicken Alyssa deactivating the old accounts before adding the new one should have worked too.  My suggestion is just for fixing it "after the fact".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.