Northwestern Mutual Investment Services download issue (Mac) [Edited]

Anyone else having a problem downloading transactions from Northwestern Mutual Investment Services? I'm getting error 14501. This started yesterday. Accounts are setup using Direct Connect. I'm on Quicken for Mac version 6.4.4.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Not unexpectedly, it looks to be an issue in both Windows and Mac platforms.
    Northwestern Mutual Investment Services - OL-89-B — Quicken

• Yes, seeing this issue still.
  • irasend1
    irasend1 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am also seeing this.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard Bottiglieri & @regentscholar

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although we apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

I attempted to add an account, using fake login credentials, in my personal Quicken file and also received the same error, instead of the invalid login error I should have.

This let me to review the log files where I located this internal message from the financial institution:

If you haven't already, please contact Northwestern at the provided number to report this error message and please post back to let us know how the contact with Northwestern Support went.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I should have noted here as I did in the Windows post that I did report this to NMIS at the number shown in the log. I also gave them the OL-89-B Quicken error and the 14501 error shown in the log.  They have opened a ticket on the issue.
  • I should note that my NMIS account connection is still working/refreshing fine in Intuit's Mint finance tool, just not in Quicken.
  • Also just started experiencing OL-89-B with NM yesterday. Using Windows Quicken.
  • ctquinn
    ctquinn Mac Beta Beta
    I also cannot connect (Mac 6.4.4). I disconnected my Northwestern (NMIS) accounts, hoping that reconnecting the accounts would fix it. Now I get the error:

Oops. We're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Northwestern Mutual Inv Svcs-NMIS. OFX error 14501.
  • reidbone
    reidbone Member
    Same here. I use Quicken for MAC latest version as of today. NMIS blamed it on Quicken and Quicken blamed it on NMIS. I sent error log (that included the download error 14501) to NMIS and it all points to a problem on NMIS end. Quicken Help could not tell me what 14501 error was other then it was a problem with NMIS
  • Jamie2021
    Jamie2021 Member ✭✭
    Appreciate all the responses here. Always raises doubts when you think you are the only one having this problem. (still having problem today.)
  • dppilot
    dppilot Member
    Same for me. Noticed this problem when I returned from my vacation last Saturday (Nov 6). Balances seemed to be updating correctly, but just was getting the error. I disconnected my accounts to see if that would fix the problem and now cannot reconnect. So now I'm sure balances won't update until it gets fixed. I wish I would have read this thread before deciding to do that. :(
  • tomott61
    tomott61 Member ✭✭
    Same for me, too.
  • tomott61
    tomott61 Member ✭✭
    So, to the Quicken team monitoring this board - do you have contacts at NMIS that you work with to determine the interface protocols, how to enable, and how to fix when something changes to cause an issue like this. My guess - there are hundreds or thousands of Quicken users that download from NMIS.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @tomott61  Quicken uses a third-party service provider, Intuit, for its connectivity services to more than 14,000 financial institutions. So once Quicken verifies a bona fide problem, they escalate it to Intuit -- and then it can take a few days days and other times several weeks until you see a fix. Sometimes that's because it's backed up in queue of other financial institutions they're working on; sometimes it's because they need to update the scripting for logging in and downloading from a financial institution which has made changes to their website or security protocols; sometimes it's because they need the financial institution to make a change...

The best thing for people who encounter a problem like this is to contact Quicken Support by telephone, and let them go through various troubleshooting techniques with you to confirm the problem, pull your log files, and create a ticket to escalate the problem. Writing about it here is good for sharing with fellow users, but is not always the best way to get a problem reported. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • @jacobs interestingly the Intuit to NMIS connection service (on Mint product) is working just fine.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are definitely many times where Quicken connectivity for financial institutions behaves differently than Mint, even through connectivity for both are provided by Intuit. This was true even back in the years when Quicken was owned by Intuit. I don't know enough about their operations to understand how they manage the connectivity for the different products differently. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • drub0383
    drub0383 Member
    Seems that they may have fixed this yesterday. I updated this morning and it doesn't show the error anymore. Thank you all for reaching out to NMIS to get this resolved.
  • yep, looks fixed to me too now.
  • Gary Talda
    Gary Talda Member ✭✭✭
    I am not getting any errors. Haven't had any transactions so don't know if transaction download was broken also.
This discussion has been closed.