Advia Credit Union error cc-501

geo791
geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
For the past several days I have not been able to download transactions from Advia Credit Union. I deactivated all of my Advia accounts but when I attempt to reset them up again I receive an error cc-501 "unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time".

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @geo791,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit all of your log files so we can further investigate.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Anja. I have sent the log files to Quicken as requested.
    Geo
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for submitting those.

Next, could you please navigate to Tools > Account List and check the checkbox on the bottom-left for Show hidden accounts and let us know if you have any old/hidden accounts that show they are connected to this financial institution?

Please check back and let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    We have five active accounts at Advia Credit Union. I just checked the account list with hidden accounts shown and all of the accounts which are inactive have been closed. I was having the error cc-501 occur so I deactivated the five active accounts and then attempted to reactivate one so that only the active accounts would be found at Advia Credit Union. When I tried to reactivate, Quicken appeared to connect to Advia but then the window popped up shown above.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up and providing additional information.

In that case, please create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same error in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account and try adding the accounts in this new file

Once that's done, see if you experience the same error in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Anja,
    I created a new Test File and added the Advia Credit Union account. Quicken connected to Advia and found all five accounts, no errors. I clicked to finish and all of the accounts were added to the Test File. One-Step Update downloaded all the transactions from the five accounts normally. So the Test File did work and there must be something in My Data file that is causing the cc-501 error to occur. Thanks for working with me to resolve the issue.
    Geo
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that and following up with an update.

Go ahead and switch back to your original file if you haven't yet, and first, save a backup before you move forward with any further troubleshooting attempts (just in case).

Then next, I suggest creating a copied file of your original data file and moving forward with the copied file. Doing so will create a new and separate dataset ID but still allow you to keep and move forward with your current data. However, please be aware that this will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect up all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc.

To do so, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below).

Once the newly copied file opens, go ahead and attempt to reconnect all of your accounts and let us know if you receive any further errors.

-Quicken Anja

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the detailed procedure to remedy the issue with the cc-501 error downloading transactions from Advia Credit Union. I actually used a different method to fix the issue. Once it was determined that the cause was corruption in my data file, I restored a backup of the data file from 11/5/21. When I opened the backup data file the five Advia accounts had a red circle with a slash across it. I opened one of the accounts and clicked on the tab to set up online services. When I did that Quicken connected to Advia and found the five accounts which I then linked to the existing Quicken accounts. At that point all of the transactions were downloaded between 11/5/21 and 11/12/21 and I was able to reconcile all the accounts. So everything is working correctly once again. Thanks for your continued help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.