unable to find investment transaction

magordon
magordon Member ✭✭
I was trying to clean up fractional shares from a stock split. I did a transaction "adjust share balance" but I put in the incorrect date. The shares were adjusted but this transaction does not show up in the registry. If I do a search for the stock, it shows the transaction occurring on 2/28/21 but if I go to the registry on that day, nothing appears so I am unable to correct my error. I am unable to reverse or correct my error

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, you may want to check the Show hidden transactions preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the Security Detail View and look for that transaction, again.  Double click on that transaction and you should then be able to edit/correct the date of that transaction.
    But not being able to see that transaction in the register is odd.  Assuming the register is sorted correctly (in date order) then I can't think of any reason why a transaction would not be visible.  When you view the transaction in Security Detail View, does it show the transaction being done in the account that it should be showing up in?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, you may want to check the Show hidden transactions preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• magordon
    magordon Member ✭✭
    It showed up when I clicked show hidden transactions. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.