Download Transactions from Charles Schwab "View Only" accounts.

Options
I have been told that once the upcoming changes to Schwab accounts are complete, Quicken will no longer download transactions from "View Only" Schwab accounts. If this is correct, what is the remedy for accountants and advisors?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that Schwab would allow downloading of "view only" accounts in the first place. 
    Who told you that the transition to the new downloading process would no longer allow someone with "view only" status to download transactions?  If it was someone from Schwab then I'd think the onus would be on Schwab here, not Quicken, as the financial institution controls what's available for download.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    View only accounts are necessary for those of us that have Financial Advisors that manage our portfolio. Downloading the "view only" data lets us monitor our investments and the performance of our advisors. That's all. I too am waiting for Schwab to finish their transition that is said to be done by Nov. 16...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• AngelaI
    AngelaI Member ✭✭
    Options
    While discussing an OL-294 error that has been ongoing since September with Quicken IT. He informed me that the upcoming changes to Schwab accounts would prevent "View Only" downloads.
    By the way, on a joint conference call with Schwab and Quicken IT, they agreed that the OL-294 error was a fault on the Quicken side of the download.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An update in the SU's lounge about the changes coming up indicated that Schwab has imposed a "one file" limit to downloads, presumably due to security concerns.  I expect this is why view only Schwab accounts will no longer download information to Financial Advisors.
This discussion has been closed.