SPENDING

Ken267
Ken267 Member ✭✭
This is ridiculous! on 11/12 my spending shows $3600 for the year. [Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines]

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more details to understand your problem and help.   Is it just for 1 category?   Be sure all accounts and categories are selected and checked.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

The software gets ever worse wit every update. Seems that there are too many misses on how a patch/change affects other areas of the program. This is not the only issue I've encountered over the las couple years, there are many. It all seems to have gotten worse since Intuit sold the Quicken product.

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you addressing someone else?  I just asked a simple question asking for more info.   I see some of your post got removed.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ken267 said:
    My message was meant to go to whomever sent me a nasty message and deleted my question. Sorry if you thought it was for you!
    That would have been a forum moderator.

Can you please rephrase your question?
    And yes this can be frustrating, but please keep it as civil as you can.

As for contacting Quicken support here is the link:
    Contact Quicken Support  (Help -> Contact Quicken Support)

Phone support isn't on the weekend, but you can still do chat.  Also for when phone support is available there is a phone number in your Quicken.com account (which if you have Premier or above is toll free), the regular phone number is also on Help -> Quicken About
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I have found the problem. It appears somewhere along the line my setting were changed for the "SPENDING" tab on the top of the screen. I don't think I changed it. I suspect that one of the updates changed it for me since the last time I tried it. (??)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you found it.  Here is what I know about that tab.
    1. To have it remember your settings Edit -> Preferences -> Register -> Remember register filters after Quicken closes.
    2. It is used by various parts of Quicken to display spending.  For instance if you are on the Home tab in the "See Where Your Money Goes" and select "Examine Your Spending" it will go to the Spending tab and it will filter it based on what you had set in "See Where Your Money Goes".  For this reason I don't consider it a place to go where you set it and expect it never to change.  It is a "dynamically updated view".
    It is possible that an update changed it too (which would be a bug), but given the nature of how Quicken uses it I have never relied on it not to change, with the exception that I have set the filter to "Spending" not "Spending without taxes" and expect that to stay the same.  BTW I consider the "Spending without taxes" useless because the name sounds nice, but in practice what it does is remove any category that has a tax line.  Which of course removes things like charity donations, not just what people think of as "taxes".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.