Bank Merged Now With New name and Different .com access.. [SunTrust -> Truist]

mieczako
mieczako Member ✭✭
My bank merged with another bank. Now its name changed..
How do I make the change in my Quicken Deluxe also maintain all data associated with current file. Have 2 accounts checking and savings.
In turn I can continue update now process.
Thank you in advance.

Answers

• mieczako
    mieczako Member ✭✭
    I am migrating from Suntrust to Truist.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mieczako,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Before you begin, please save backup of your data file first (just in case).

Then, to change the financial institution for the accounts, I suggest that you deactivate the accounts from Online Services, then remove SunTrust from the financial institution information for each account and reactivate and connect the accounts to Truist Bank upon reactivation. Please follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account and search for Truist Bank
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mieczako
    mieczako Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the quick response. I deactivated account by right click on account then click deactivate..Did not understand Paragraph starting "click on gen tab etc"
    I did add account as mentioned linked account as update for new account specified.
    I would comment that the deactivate the account initially was most important.
    earlier I simply went to add account Truist and linked each account as specified which also worked.
    Again thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to successfully make the switch.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.