When I download transactions I get this error message for Vanguard and Fidelity accounts.

Quicken Error Message - "Your financial institution has downloaded data from an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file." How do I fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello @scott.hauserr,

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. I attempted to recreate this issue on my end but was unable to do so. I also took a look into your account and could not find an error. For this particular instance, could you try a test file, please? This will give us a better sense and understanding of the issue. Before starting the process make sure you have a backup of your current file. 

To create a test file select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the pop-up menu type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive.  Once the test file is created please add your Vanguard/Fidelity account(s) only. [Edited-Windows Instructions]

When you have a chance please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you come across error codes/messages. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • When I go to File >New Quicken File... it gives me two options a.) New Quicken File of b.) New Quicken Account. Which one do I select?
  • I am on Quicken Home and Business - if that helps.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I go to File >New Quicken File... it gives me two options a.) New Quicken File of b.) New Quicken Account. Which one do I select?

@Quicken Paloma asked you to Create a new file ... that means she wants you to create a new file for testing purposes, totally separate from your current active data file. Once the new file has been created, add only the Vanguard and Fidelity accounts and see if they add correctly or if the same error reoccurs in the test file.
  • OK I started a new file. It downloaded a lot of Vanguard accounts but then I got an error message:
  • After downloading a lot of vanguard accounts into the new file I still received this error message "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Vanguard" - Then says I Quicken can try again or I can enter transactions manually.
This discussion has been closed.