Account Balances shows non-$0 for closed account

The account balances in the left pane shows "More Accounts" and a negative balance. When I click on More Accounts it shows I have a negative balance in a closed account. How can I fix this when you cannot edit transactions in a closed account?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that a transfer transaction, transferring money to or from this account, was deleted, changed or recategorized in the other account register? A change like that would upset your closed account's balance.
    BTW, do you sync your data file to the cloud, for use by the Quicken Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

• DanielTX
    DanielTX Member ✭✭
    I don't use the cloud or Mobile App. I was able to get the transaction list of the closed account by running a report with that account and clicking on a transaction in that report. From there I simply updated the transaction to leave a $0 balance.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As you have seen, there isn't anything stopping you (or Quicken) from changing transactions in a close account.  One might eve call that a bug, just like call it a bug that you can't reopen a closed account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.