Multiple bank accounts not downloading (4 accounts at same bank)

retird
retird Member ✭✭✭✭
Had this issue on 11-8-2021 and Quicken Tech support reset the accounts and all worked. Went to download them today and none downloaded. I reset all bank accounts and only 1 account would download. It was the first account I reset. Went to another computer with different file that downloads the same accounts and it would not download either. Reset all accounts starting with a different account and that was the only account that downloaded. A test file we created on 11-8-2021 was next and I reset all accounts in the test file and same results... Quicken live support and bank support closed till Monday...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well you can start by naming the bank, and what error messages you are getting, otherwise no one here can begin to help you.  Note that Quicken Support chat is still available on the weekends, if that is better for you.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bank of Oklahoma... no error messages and all accounts showed being reset in Quicken with a green checkmark.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wild shot.   Try logging out and in of Quicken:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user (log back in with the same Quicken ID)

Then try One Step Update again.
    Signature:
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Wild shot.   Try logging out and in of Quicken:
    > Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user (log back in with the same Quicken ID)
    >
    > Then try One Step Update again.

No change...

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Had a chat with Quicken yesterday and was told it was an issue at the bank not transmitting downloads from the accounts. When resetting the accounts I had to reset each account separately. Well today 11-14-2021 I restored a backup and got a message that it was needed to reset the accounts since a backup was used. In 20 years never got that message when needing to restore a backup. But, I reset this time and ALL 4 ACCOUNTS RESET IN ONE RESET EVENT SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO RESET EACH ACCOUNT SEPARATELY. All is well again...

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed-Speculation]

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Express web connect is error-prone basically by design.  Or should I say I lack of design.  There is no standard on how to do the download. Intuit negotiates which each financial institution on how the download will be done.  And that is a download from their website which is non-standard and ever-changing.

This is basically caused by the fact that the financial institutions don't have any kind of standard for this.  There is the OFX/Direct Contact  standard but only about 2,500 financial institutions supported have more than 35,000 financial institutions in the us alone.

On top this since January they added sync to the Quicken cloud dataset into the Express Web Connect process.

Personal from complaints I have seen on here I suspect they have a problem with that sync where in some cases it doesn't "see" new transactions.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone else has some ideas on how to get to the root of the problem.  With so many "players" in the mix and the fact that the whole process is pretty hidden from the user, I really can't suggest anything else.
    Signature:
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I can only speak from my experience with Quicken Premier. I have been with the same bank for over 25 years and have used Quicken for over 20 years. Quicken (and my bank) had little to no issues when Intuit owned it. [Removed-Speculation] And now I hear Quicken has been sold again. If true we will see how that shakes out. One major fault is Express Web Connect goes thru an Intuit server and Intuit doesn't support Quicken. Thats my take on the issue. And my bank will not talk to Quicken and Quicken doesn't talk to my bank and each blames the other. So I have long term issues that never get solved so I work around them.

This discussion has been closed.