Having trouble connecting to my PennyMac mortgage.

Options
I'm trying to add my PennyMac mortgage to Quicken. After entering my user name and password, it asks for a verification code, which I provide from a text. But after entering the code, it looks like it is trying to connect but then ends up back at the verification code screen and I receive a new verification code text. It is an endless loop.

Best Answer

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench into this discussion...because you really don't need to connect to PennyMac or any other mortgage loan company.

Just set up the loan as a manual loan.  Then create a reminder from the loan account screen.  You can have Quicken Mac automatically enter the payment with the correct amortization splits on the due date.

There is really ZERO advantage to download loans in Quicken ... as the transactions itself never download... for ANY loan.  A downloaded loan will only give you a summation of your loan balance.  

My loan is with your company as well.  I track it as a manual loan...and I have no intervention in the transaction process after the initial setup.

If you have further questions about setting up a manual loan...ask here.  

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @ReneeS,

Thank you for choosing the Community with your questions and concerns. I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Can I please have you open a new data file and try adding the PennyMac account there? Here is a Knowledge Base article with instructions on how to do that. It also gives instructions on how to get back to your original file. 

Let us know what the result of this is, looking forward to hearing back from you.

Quicken Alyssa

• ReneeS
    ReneeS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Alyssa - I tried the new data file and the same thing happened. I enter my login and password, it sends me a verification code through text. I enter the code and it doesn't connect. It just sends me a new verification code.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench into this discussion...because you really don't need to connect to PennyMac or any other mortgage loan company.

Just set up the loan as a manual loan.  Then create a reminder from the loan account screen.  You can have Quicken Mac automatically enter the payment with the correct amortization splits on the due date.

There is really ZERO advantage to download loans in Quicken ... as the transactions itself never download... for ANY loan.  A downloaded loan will only give you a summation of your loan balance.  

My loan is with your company as well.  I track it as a manual loan...and I have no intervention in the transaction process after the initial setup.

If you have further questions about setting up a manual loan...ask here.  
  • RebekahB
    RebekahB Member
    Options
    I am having exactly the same problem as ReneeS.
  • ReneeS
    ReneeS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @garysmith87 - I was able to set it up
This discussion has been closed.