2 Accounts w/Schwab, 1 says "An Error Has Occurred" when updating

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: No reason for one step update error message?.

Comments

• oldpylot
    oldpylot Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have two accounts with Charles Schwab, one for my wife and one for me. Each account has many sub accounts. I use direct connect to update both the accounts. My wife's account updates normally but mine always says "An error has occurred." There is nothing that specifies what the error is, just the message. Both accounts seem to update normally in spite of the message. It also appears that my account updates during my wife's update. based on the status bar that shows which items are updating. How do I determine why I am getting an error message and what the error is?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I have two accounts with Charles Schwab, one for my wife and one for me. Each account has many sub accounts. "
    Can you explain what that means?  I (we) have many accounts at Schwab but I'm not aware of anything called "sub accounts." 
    In our situation we've have two user names at Schwab, each with its own password,  Each user name/password allows for viewing of our joint accounts but only shows the specific user's "separate" accounts such as IRAs and the like.  Is this your situation, or is it something else?
This discussion has been closed.