Investment Account Holdings Not Syncing to Cloud

My investment account holdings are not syncing, the cash is, but the securities are not.  I have tried reseting the cloud data, deleting the cloud data, coping the file and recreating the cloud data, all of that stuff.  But nothing seems to work.  Is there another trick I am missing?

Comments

• Jason C3
    Jason C3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Occurs in the app as well. I recreated my account under a different dataset and one account worked but the others failed to show. 
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    I "think" this all started with the update to the new cloud storage.  I think I have tried everything I have read in the posts.  I looks like it skips the investment updates because the cloud sync doesn't run as long as it should.
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.....  If I create a new dataset and add the accounts, it works.  Perhaps it has something to do with synching to an existing account in Quicken.  I don't want to recreate, that would be a hot mess.

• Hello @fjsingel and @Jason C3,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

@Jason C3 I am unable to find your Quicken account with the email address you are using here in the community, if you PM me the email address you use with Quicken I can look further into your account for more details. However, with or without that information I believe my suggestion will remain the same. Can I have you do what @fjsingel did, and try this out in a test file? If that works, follow the next steps provided below moving forward.

@fjsingel, Here is an article from the Quicken Knowledge Base, with some steps on how to delete your original dataset. I am recommending this because that worked for you in the test you created. This is the way to fix it without the recreating you mentioned not wanting to do. 

Please let me know how these steps go for you both! 

Quicken Alyssa
  • toma
    toma Member ✭✭
    Having same issue as reported by fjsingel above -- long time Quicken Windows users --> tried all the usual tricks. Problem started in past week with "new and improved" cloud storage.
    Hopefully a patch is on the way soon!
  • JimKaram
    JimKaram Windows Beta Beta
    Add me to.
  • Hello @JimKaram & @toma,

Thank you for taking the time to add to this discussion.

Has either of you tried the steps mentioned previously in the thread? 

If you are still having issues, please update us with specifics of what you have done and the results those steps got you.

Look forward to hearing back from you all.

Quicken Alyssa
  • JimKaram
    edited November 2021
    I deleted all the extraneous cloud accounts and reset the cloud, but still no investment accounts appear.  They've been missing for several days.  Quicken apparently replaced my original cloud file with one labeled as a copy.  Renaming it to the original name didn't change anything, but I didn't expect it to do so.  Any other suggestions other than disabling the cloud and starting over with the mobile feature?

BTW, every attempt to update my profile crashes Quicken.
  • JimKaram
    edited November 2021
    So, at least the investment accounts have now shown up in the list in the cloud, but their dollar values are mostly zero, i.e., they are only showing their cash values.
  • Hello @JimKaram,

Thank you for the quick update. To clarify, did you delete your current files dataset as mentioned in previous comments? This would result in a new dataset being created for your file. 

To address your Quicken software crashing, that is a whole separate set of questions I will need to ask you if that's ok. Where is your file located? How long has this been happening? What OS are you running? 

Let's start there, look forward to hearing back from you. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • Vince_L
    Vince_L Member ✭✭
    Has there been a resolution to this yet? I have tried everything from erasing and re-syncing my current cloud data file to actually creating a new cloud data file with no resolution per the prior threads. I have done each of these multiple times. My bank accounts sync accurately, but all my investment accounts show up with “0” values for each account. Even my home value shows up correctly, so it’s just the investment accounts. This started about 8 days ago. Thoughts?
  • JimKaram
    How do you delete the current files data set?  I see how to reset it, but not delete it.
  • Vince_L
    Vince_L Member ✭✭
    I ended up creating a whole new 2nd file and restoring from a backup on my computer from the original file.
  • Vince_L
    Vince_L Member ✭✭
    This created a 2nd cloud data set file
  • JimKaram
    edited November 2021
    OK, I created the temp file and deleted the current file dataset.  After reselecting the accounts to sync, I got a similar result, i.e., investment accounts are only showing their cash values.  Additionally, several of the express web connect accounts would not even allow selection due to error CC-892, i.e., some kind of connectivity issue that is preventing password verification.
  • Hello all,

@JimKaram, Here is a Knowledge Base article on the error that you are now receiving. 

I apologize that the steps we have taken have not resolved your issues. We do have alerts up for both Win & Mac issues with syncing to Mobile & Web. Please follow this alert for updates on Windows and this one for updates on the Mac

Quicken Alyssa

• toma
    toma Member ✭✭
    Alyssa -- 11/14/21
    Hello @JimKaram & @toma,
    Thank you for taking the time to add to this discussion.
    Has either of you tried the steps mentioned previously in the thread?
    ============================================

Alyssa -- Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
    I've tried all of the steps mentioned previously.
    (...so many times that I now get an "Exceeded Number of Datasets" error that required a reset by the support team).
    Today I copied my data to a new file, super validated it, and then recreated a cloud dataset && re-created all links with both the cloud and my investment institutes.
    Received same results --> local quicken desktop data updates flawlessly, but mobile/web accounts only sync cash balances with no investment accounts -- consistent with everybody's reports earlier.
    I appreciate everybody's efforts in chasing this bug down.
    --toma
  • toma
    toma Member ✭✭
    Quicken -- Regarding this thread and Ticket #8984896 --- Known Issue --
    " ONGOING 11/28/21 Windows Investment Transactions/Balances Not Syncing to Mobile/Web"
    ==> Could we please have a status update?
    Thank you,
    Tom
  • toma
    toma Member ✭✭
    Quicken -- Regarding this thread and Ticket #8984896 --- Known Issue --
    " ONGOING 11/28/21 Windows Investment Transactions/Balances Not Syncing to Mobile/Web"
    ==>

Can you provide us more than a weekly "We are working on it. No ETA, Apologies". After two months of these messages, your installed base of paying subscribers would appreciate more detail.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
This discussion has been closed.