Golden 1 Credit Union Fix

Ok I saw the post on the golden 1 credit union problem. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900749/updated-11-2-21-golden-1-credit-union-cc-505-105#latest

and used that to come up with this fix.

Step 1: for each account disable online services and on the general tab delete the text in the financial institution field then relink to "golden fcu" like described in the above post. If you cant modify the financial institution text cause the filed is not editable go to step 2

Step 2: Rename the problem account to something different. I renamed "Savings" to "Savings Old" for example. If you have multiple accounts do this for all of them

Step 3: Do the online setup and download all the transactions to the new accounts

Step 4: Accept then Delete all the transactions that download to the new accounts so the accounts are empty

Step 5: Do a search and replace on the category for the old accounts
Example "Savings Old" and replace it with "Savings"

Step 6: Shift Select all the transactions in the old account mark them as unreconciled. (you do this so it does not prompt you for ever transaction move in the step below)

Step 7: Shift Select all the transactions in the old account again and MOVE them to the correct new account.

Step 8: Check the balance then remark all the transactions as reconciled.

Step 9: Delete the old accounts

Hope this helps.

Comments

• RichardOtten
    RichardOtten Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @z3razerviper

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We appreciate your work and effort in regard to this issue. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Well it seems golden 1 now has 2 listed banks now and both dont work. Golden FCU seemed to quit working Saturday.
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Well it seems golden 1 now has 2 listed banks now and both dont work. Golden FCU seemed to quit working Saturday.
    Same here. I'm tempted to go back to using the "Golden 1 Credit Union" entries but I'm really not interested in undoing everything just to find out it's something unrelated. @Quicken Paloma , is this something you can look into for us? CC-506 error, 2 Golden FCU accounts, which were switched from the "Golden 1 Credit Union" entries a few weeks ago now I think due to their upgrades. What should we do here?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @z3razerviper

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you getting? What connection method are you using? 

Please provide more information so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @jefmes

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To provide better assistance, could you let us know what connection you are using for each other affected accounts? 

To check this please select Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Services. 

Also, the CC-506 issue generally occurs when there is a mismatch in the connection methods, or the account has been closed. Please ensure that the account(s) is not closed. To do this select Tools >Manage Hidden accounts. 

For reference and more information please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-506

-Quicken Paloma
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    I tried both neither will allow me to set them up so at the moment I am not able to setup a connection at all.
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @jefmes

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To provide better assistance, could you let us know what connection you are using for each other affected accounts? 

To check this please select Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Services. 

Also, the CC-506 issue generally occurs when there is a mismatch in the connection methods, or the account has been closed. Please ensure that the account(s) is not closed. To do this select Tools >Manage Hidden accounts. 

For reference and more information please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-506

-Quicken Paloma
    The accounts are definitely not closed, however...I just tried it again this afternoon to make sure, and it appears to have been resolved on either Golden 1 or Quicken's side! It look longer to update than usual but it does say under "Golden FCU" - "2 accounts updated." I'll do some reconciling with the online service and make sure but I think whatever it was, we're good for now.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Ok golden fcu lets me pair and download the transactons on the FIRST sync but after that it gives an error on normal sync
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I cannot connect to The Golden 1 Credit Union. I've deactivated all accounts then start over with connecting and I get an error. Weird thing is I've been able to connect on my MacBook since yesterday but unable to connect on my Windows laptop. I get the error message, "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)."
    There's a conversation in the Quicken Mac forum for this same issue and so far several people have been able to connect with their Macs using The Golden 1 Credit Union connection. We'll see if that sticks.
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Quicken released an update. I was able to link my accounts but nothing downloaded. I'm now getting the CC-501 error.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    any update on this?
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    I was able to connect to "The Golden 1 Credit Union". I had to do a balance adjustment for my credit card account but it all appears to be working fine. So far.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @z3razerviper

This issue is known and is an ongoing alert. At the moment we do not have an ETA for a fix unfortunately. However, I would recommend visiting the alert which is linked below. You can bookmark the alert so that you can be notified of any updates or if it has been announced as resolved. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900749/ongoing-11-28-21-golden-1-credit-union-cc-505-105#latest

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.