One Step Summary never shows each account result

Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
I have 2 data files I use, one always shows the last account update result when I go into One Step Update summary, and the other never shows the "Financial Institutions Updated" section - it only shows the "Services Updated" section, Quotes and Investing deadlines updated, and Investing.quicken.com....the accounts update fine, just never any status reported. Why is that? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock that worked perfectly, problem fixed - must have gotten corrupted somehow. Thanks!
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    This answer also worked for me today. Since going through the pain of deactivating and reactivating all my Schwab accounts because of the change in the connection mechanism, I have been getting incomplete One Step Summary Reports from all my other financial institutions. Your suggestion of renaming the runtime.dat file causing a new one to be generated has fixed the problem. Thanks.
  • That worked great for me also. One catch was that the file-specific folder did not quite have the same name as the file. The current Quicken filename with the problem is QDATANEW. I could not find a folder with that name, so I renamed the runtime.dat file in a folder named QDATA (a name for an older version of that file). That worked, but I don't know why.
This discussion has been closed.