Quicken Alert States You've set up an account with this phone number . . . .

I've been spending quite a few hours working in Quicken with a Quicken support member and then on my own. I Had to create a new file. Sometime after that I received a text message that read "Quicken Alert: You've set up an account with this phone number. The text shows to have been sent to 1 (415) 301-2190. I don't know where this came from. I'm not familiar with this number and I certainly never entered it in a form. Unfortunately, I followed the link to verify because I thought I could get more information or cancel the account association with that number. This turned out to be a mistake because upon following the link I was told the account was verified. Can someone at Quicken please check this out for me and let me know I have nothing to worry about and possibly disassociate said number with my account?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For more about this Alert email please read:
    This "account" is in reference to the phone number stored with your Quicken ID and subscription.
    Bottom line: Other than a glitch with the verification link everything else is on the up and up. The whole thing could have been explained a little more clearly, though.

• I had a similar experience tonight, except:
    1) I was not doing anything related to creating a new file... just using Quicken routinely;
    2) the Quicken Alert account log-in popped up on my laptop after . I submitted my login info;
    3) this triggered the "Quicken Alert" text, then the verification link. (It was not the same phone number as in dparke01's post above.

Product support person (phone) said the alert was triggered automatically during an upgrade. She says "nothing to worry about." This sort of maps onto UKR's explanation... but I am confused about the relevance of the "how to verify your email" guide that the link in UKR's post above provides. Is unverified email in our Quicken accounts what caused this? Are we supposed to verify our email now?
  • BTW There is another thread about this event, newer examples. It's titled "Quicken Alert: You've set up an account with this phone number"
  • dparke01
    dparke01 Member ✭✭
    I feel more comfortable with the responses, however, I’m still perplexed by the mystery phone number that is supposed to be associated with my account. When checking my account, that number, fortunately, is nowhere to be found.
  • RLR95
    RLR95 Member ✭✭
    i also just got the same 'you've sent up an account with this phone number" not familiar...so I called it and it gave me a recording about development or something...that # is not, nor hasn't ever been associated with me...and I am 3000 miles from the area code it provided 415
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's legitimate.  You can read more about it from this Support Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.
    BTW, that 415 area code number is the number the text message was sent from.  Yes, the text message could have been a lot more clear about the intent and why action is needed.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > The whole thing could have been explained a little more clearly, though.

Seriously, one could be forgiven for expecting a little more sophistication from a company that's been at this so long.
This discussion has been closed.