Reconcile Issue With Elan Financial Services Account

William Smith Jr
William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭
For the past several days, I've been unable to reconcile a credit card (Ameriprise Financial Visa) tied to Elan Financial Services despite the Quicken balance being identical to the online balance. Each time I try to reconcile the account, Quicken keeps telling me there's a .72 difference. I've accessed the account online and confirmed the account balance there is what Quicken says it is; however, Quicken is still showing the online balance as .72 less. I've tried to reset the account and disconnect/reconnect to no avail. Is there something I'm missing here in terms of troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks,

Bill

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Is your card a Fidelity Rewards card?  There are a couple other active threads with two issues:  One is where the online balance below the Account Register is not being correct (rounding down the cents to 0).  The other issue is that transactions are not downloading.  Do either of these match what you are seeing?:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• William Smith Jr
    @Boatnmaniac - Should have noted the card in original post (just updated it) but it's a different card - Ameriprise Financial Visa in my case. The Quicken balance is 542.72 as is the online balance but Quicken is showing the online balance as 542 -- thus the .72 difference. Different card but issued by same company (Elan). I would say my issue more closely aligns with the rounding issue noted in the first link. Thoughts on next steps for me since that member still seems to be having issues despite trying a number of suggested steps.

Bill
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2021
    Elan is not one of the "big boys" when it comes to credit card issuers so there have not been a lot of people posting here about this issue but that number is growing.  Until now it has been only the Fidelity Rewards card holders who have posted about this issue so you are the first (that I've seen) with a different card and that tends to lend some credence to this being an Elan issue and not a Quicken issue.  I also think that the 0 cents online balance and the transactions not downloading are related but I do not know that for sure.
    The Quicken team has been informed of this issue and they have confirmed they are looking into it but not much happens on weekends.  I'll get your thread looped in with them, too, and then we'll see how they respond.

• Boatnmaniac
    BTW, until this issue is resolved, if you need to reconcile your account you can turn off "reconcile to online balance" and then complete reconciliation manually.  Once the issue is resolved you can turn on "reconcile to online balance" again.

• William Smith Jr
    @Boatnmaniac - Thanks for your feedback! I will likely go the manual reconciliation route as you suggested as an interim step. Is there a thread I should subscribe to so I get alerted on any updates or will getting my thread looped into the overall issue achieve that?
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Boatnmaniac - Thanks for your feedback! I will likely go the manual reconciliation route as you suggested as an interim step. Is there a thread I should subscribe to so I get alerted on any updates or will getting my thread looped into the overall issue achieve that?
    First, the 2nd linked thread that I'd posted above was incorrect...not sure how I did that.  It is now corrected.  Both of them are about this 0 cents online balance and also the no downloaded transactions issue.
    I earlier requested that a Moderator post an Alert about this but, like I mentioned earlier, not much happens on weekends.  If they do post an Alert today then you can bookmark that.  You will then get notifications when updates are made to it.
    I also requested that these 2 linked threads and yours be merged together into a single thread.  If that happens you will automatically be notified whenever anyone adds a post to it.
    In the meantime, I've been trying to keep all the threads as updated as I can.

• Boatnmaniac
    @William Smith Jr - A person reported that Elan told him they were aware of the issue and that they had implemented a system update.  Now some who have had the 0 cents issue are now saying that the issue suddenly went away.  Maybe they got it fixed?

• William Smith Jr
    @Boatnmaniac - I just downloaded new transactions with my account and was able to successfully reconcile with the online balance. It does appear Elan addressed whatever the underlying issue was on their end. Thanks much for the follow-up!
  • Boatnmaniac
    You are welcome.  Have a great evening!

This discussion has been closed.