Is anyone having issues with PNC bank and Quicken Direct-Connect

I have set up quicken direct connect with PNC Bank. When I try to update it seems to start
out working, connects with bank and then finishes. No error code. There are new transactions there but they will not download.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, DC with PNC has not working since the 10/12 BBVA merger date.  Until PNC gets it fixed others (including myself) are setting up PNC with Express Web Connect (EWC) with the PNC - Virtual Wallet Add Account or Set Up Now setup link.  Once PNC fixes DC we can upgrade the connection to it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Suza
    Suza Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You are the first person that has given me a credible answer including the quicken technical support. Thank you very much.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    You are welcome.  BTW, I should have posted a link to one of the PNC post threads that has quite a few different people discussing this issue:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20208763#Comment_20208763.  You might want to consider bookmarking it so you get notified when there are updates posted there.  Given that there are so many people posting there, I'm guessing it will be one of the 1st threads to get updated when PNC does get the DC problem fixed. 
    In case you are not aware of how to bookmark a post thread:

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
     @Suza - FYI, it looks like PNC might have resolved their DC issues.  I and at least 3 others were successful in getting DC set up with correct online balances and some downloaded transactions.  I say "some" because it appears that transactions only from the last 1-2 days are downloading.  But the account balance and the online balance is correct.  If there are older transactions that are not downloaded they can be manually entered because I doubt that they will be downloaded in the future.

• Suza
    Suza Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figures. I just changed to web connect but I am happy you let me know about direct connect.
    :D Thanks a bunch

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Yes, DC with PNC has not working since the 10/12 BBVA merger date.  Until PNC gets it fixed others (including myself) are setting up PNC with Express Web Connect (EWC) with the PNC - Virtual Wallet Add Account or Set Up Now setup link.  Once PNC fixes DC we can upgrade the connection to it.

• Suza
    Suza Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You are the first person that has given me a credible answer including the quicken technical support. Thank you very much.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    You are welcome.  BTW, I should have posted a link to one of the PNC post threads that has quite a few different people discussing this issue:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20208763#Comment_20208763.  You might want to consider bookmarking it so you get notified when there are updates posted there.  Given that there are so many people posting there, I'm guessing it will be one of the 1st threads to get updated when PNC does get the DC problem fixed. 
    In case you are not aware of how to bookmark a post thread:

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
     @Suza - FYI, it looks like PNC might have resolved their DC issues.  I and at least 3 others were successful in getting DC set up with correct online balances and some downloaded transactions.  I say "some" because it appears that transactions only from the last 1-2 days are downloading.  But the account balance and the online balance is correct.  If there are older transactions that are not downloaded they can be manually entered because I doubt that they will be downloaded in the future.

• Suza
    Suza Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figures. I just changed to web connect but I am happy you let me know about direct connect.
    :D Thanks a bunch
  • Scott
    Scott Member ✭✭✭
    I tried adding a PNC - Virtual Wallet. Seem to work as it went through the whole process and the code I was texted also worked. But the PNC account doesn't actually show up. I did choose to link it to the BBVA account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Scott said:
    I tried adding a PNC - Virtual Wallet. Seem to work as it went through the whole process and the code I was texted also worked. But the PNC account doesn't actually show up. I did choose to link it to the BBVA account.
    Linking a new bank to an existing account will add the new financial institution information but it usually will not rename the account.  If you have not already done so, go to the General Tab of Account details and change the name of the account from BBVA to a PNC name.

• auburn73
    auburn73 Member
    edited November 2021
    PNC just told me if I want to use Direct Connect, it will cost $2 per month per account and I told them I had never paid for that function at BBVA or Compass before that. They said tough, if you want it from us it will cost because BBVA no longer exists.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2021
    auburn73 said:
    PNC just told me if I want to use Direct Connect, it will cost $2 per month per account and I told them I had neverpaid for that function at BBVA or Compass before that. They said tought, if you wna tit form us it will cost because BBVA no longer exists.
    If the person you talked with said it the way you wrote it you should have reported him/her to their supervisor.  That was very rude. 
    But you should perhaps report that person to their supervisor anyway because that person gave you some very bad information and that person should be given some additional training.  PNC does not charge anything for using DC. 
    You can view PNC's published account fees at https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/checking/fee-schedules/service-charges.html.  Scroll down the list to "Online Banking and PNC Voice Banking" and under that you will see "Online Banking and Bill Pay through Quicken" is "No Charge".  DC is required for Bill Pay through Quicken.
    The only $2 monthly fee I saw in this list was if you want to get a paper statement.  But if you agree to not get paper statements then this fee does not apply.

• Scott
    Scott Member ✭✭✭
    Ya, having issues yet myself. Was working with EWC/Virtual Wallet. But this morning I tried an update...nothing. I reset the link and it had me relink to an existing account. The balance is now current but there is no actual transaction to reflect the current balance. The registry entries look odd now. Not sure what's happening. Looking at my registry it is now really messed up with this account. The latest transaction shows as a balance for multiple dates. I see duplicates and triplicates of transactions that were not there before. Messy.
  • Boatnmaniac
    auburn73 said:
    PNC just told me if I want to use Direct Connect, it will cost $2 per month per account and I told them I had never paid for that function at BBVA or Compass before that. They said tough, if you want it from us it will cost because BBVA no longer exists.
    My earlier (11/8/2021) reply to you assumed that you have a consumer checking account with PNC.  DC for consumer accounts is provided by PNC at no charge.
    Today I received a letter from PNC that states there is a $2/month fee for DC for business accounts...but that this fee is being waived until 1/31/2022.  So, what the PNC representative told you is partly correct if you have a business account.  If you don't want to pay that $2/month fee then you have until the end of January to find another bank that will not charge you a fee for it.

• Boatnmaniac
    Scott said:
    Ya, having issues yet myself. Was working with EWC/Virtual Wallet. But this morning I tried an update...nothing. I reset the link and it had me relink to an existing account. The balance is now current but there is no actual transaction to reflect the current balance. The registry entries look odd now. Not sure what's happening. Looking at my registry it is now really messed up with this account. The latest transaction shows as a balance for multiple dates. I see duplicates and triplicates of transactions that were not there before. Messy.
    Getting duplicate transactions in the Account Register is usually more of an issue with the deactivate/reactivate process but it can and does also sometimes happen with Reset Account.  The only fix for duplicate/triplicate transactions is to manually delete them.
    A common cause for missing transactions is if it has been too long between updates.  Most FI's will download the last 2-4 wks of transactions every time OSU is run but some will download more and others will download less than this.  Shortly after the BBVA/PNC conversion, it was noted that PNC was downloading only the last 3 days of transactions.  If this has not been changed and if it has been more than 3 days since your account was last updated, then you will be missing transactions that are outside of that 3 days download window. 
    If you are still missing transactions, you can go to your online PNC account and manually download them there by clicking on Export and then selecting the "Quicken (.qfx)" format and then manually import them into Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.