Yet Another Feature Missing - Foreign Currency Security Trades

Options
The old versions of Quicken used to support being able to place a FX trade within an account that was denominated in our local currency. For example, I have a Canadian investment account in CAD, I buy a USD ETF, no way of doing this within the account, I have to open up a completely separate USD investment account.

The more I use this trial of Quicken, the more I'm seeing things that should simply just be there.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has NEVER been possible to mix currencies in a single Q account.  If you want to buy a USD denominated security ... you need to do it in a USD account, not a CAD account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > It has NEVER been possible to mix currencies in a single Q account.  If you want to buy a USD denominated security ... you need to do it in a USD account, not a CAD account.

If that’s the case my mistake but I could have sworn that it was possible in an older version of Quicken.

That said, this seems like it could be an easy feature to add with an FX component to the transaction in the register.
This discussion has been closed.