Why is there odd transactions appearing in Online Center?

In my Online Center window I am seeing some odd transactions appearing under every financial account that I have. Each window shows the same 2 transactions and dates (609.73 and 94.94). These same 2 transactions appear in all of my financial accounts in the Online Center for the same dates. How is this possible? How do i correct it?

Answers

• Hello @jimmost,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can I have you first save a backup of your file? Next, I am going to suggest that you Validate and Super Validate your file. 

To do this;
    1. Go to File.
    2. Select Validate & Repair File from the menu options.
    3. In the box that populates, check off the first box for Validate File and then click Ok.
    4. Close the datalog notepad that the validation produces when it has finished.
    5. Go back to File.
    6. Hold down Crtl+shift and click on Validate & Repair File.
    7. You will get the same box as before, only this time it will say Super Validate File. Check that option off and again click Ok.
    8. Close the datalog notepad the populates when the super validation has finished. 
    9. Close & Reopen Quicken.
    10. Check the Online Center for the strange transactions you were seeing before.

Are they still present?

Quicken Alyssa

• jimmost
    jimmost Member
    I tried this and it did not correct anything. I am still seeing the strange 2 transaction amounts on each account in the Online Center. I am also seeing random red flags on some accounts but no new transactions are there, then the flag goes away.
  • Hello again @jimmost,

Thank you for the update, though I apologize the first steps didn't resolve the issue.

Can I have you follow this Knowledge Base article in order to refresh/rebrand? You would have to repeat the steps for every financial institution affected.

Let us know how this goes.

Quicken Alyssa

• jimmost
    jimmost Member
    I’m sorry but your link to a knowledge base article take me to a generic quicken advertisement. Can you repost the link?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jimmost

Thank you for making us aware of this. Below is the link requested. When you have a moment please follow the steps from the Help Article and let us know how it goes. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-refresh-my-financial-institution-information-quicken

-Quicken Paloma
  • jimmost
    jimmost Member
    I’m sorry but this still takes me to a advertisement page for quicken.
  • jimmost
    jimmost Member
    I looked this up independently from your incorrect link and it does not work or do anything. When I press the refresh button nothing happens or changes. What next?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Hello @jimmost,

I apologize, I am not sure why the link is not working for you but I will look further into that. 

In the meantime, here are the steps from the article that we were trying to link you to. 

How do I refresh my financial institution information in Quicken?

A profile is maintained for each financial institution that supports online services with Quicken. It defines how your financial institution handles online account access (for example, the format of your password, how online payments are handled, and what website you visit to download transactions).

Quicken checks periodically for updates to this profile. If the profile has changed since Quicken last checked for an update, the profile in Quicken and the new profile will not be the same. When the profile in Quicken isn't the most recent profile available, you'll receive an error message.

If your financial institution has recently merged or made other changes to the online services offered in Quicken you may need to manually update the list Quicken maintains.

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift on your keyboard and click Contact Info.
    4. Select the account you want to update, check off the box for Financial institution Branding and Profile, click Refresh. 
    5. Click Update/Send, enter your PIN (if needed), and complete the update to get the latest branding and profile information for this financial institution
    6. Repeat the steps above for all financial institutions you're getting the error for.
    Let us know how these steps go and what result you get.

Quicken Alyssa

• jimmost
    jimmost Member
    I have performed all of the things you have asked me to do. Nothing is correcting the problem. What can you suggest next? I still have the 2 odd transactions in 5 accounts, all the same amounts and dates.
    9/27 $609.73 and 9/23 $94.94 These appear in the online center only and refuse any attempts to get rid of them. These same accounts show random red flags as if there are transactions to accept, but there are none in the downloaded transaction area. Any further ideas?
  • Hello again @jimmost,

Thank you for that update, though I apologize that the issue is persisting.

The problem is that the online center is used for Direct connect accounts, and troubleshooting Direct Connect accounts only goes so far from Quicken's side. This is because it is the bank's connection method and the information sent over is directly from them. 

There is one more thing we can try. Before doing this please save a backup of your file. Once that is done, you can deactivate all of the affected accounts. The link provided gives steps on how to do this. It also tells you how to reconnect them. Keep in mind you will want to reconnect them using the Direct Connect method and you will also need to reactivate the Bank Bill Pay.

Let me know how this goes and if you have any further questions on this. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.