Downloaded Transactions

Is there a way to set downloaded transactions to not default to "cleared" status?

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't think so, but wondering why you would want this?  It wouldn't make sense for a downloaded transaction to not show as cleared.  "Cleared" means cleared the financial institution, which generally you would want to know your actual balances.   That is not the same as "Reconciled" ... which happens when you reconcile the account.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jpmorfitt
    jpmorfitt Member ✭✭
    Understand your point. However, I prefer the downloaded transactions to be marked unclear. Once I use my actual receipt to verify the charge, I mark the transaction as cleared. One the new statement hits, all of those transactions are marked as reconciled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @MontanaKarl is correct, there is no way to do this short not downloading transactions.

You will need to find a different way to mark your transactions "reviewed".

Note that if you are using "Automatic transaction entry mode" there is in fact a Status column (blue dot) that is used for reviewing the transactions (click on the status icon to mark it reviewed).

If you aren't using that mode then your transactions will be put in the Downloaded Transactions tab and you should then accept them into your register as you check them with your receipts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    Chris_QPW said:
    Note that if you are using "Automatic transaction entry mode" there is in fact a Status column (blue dot) that is used for reviewing the transactions (click on the status icon to mark it reviewed).
    @jpmorfitt

@Chris_QPW  describes what I have done for years.  I never allow transactions to be entered until I review them in the Downloaded Transactions panel for each account register... clicking either Match or on the transaction to enter it, and then potentially split it and properly categorize it.  It sounds like this is the method you're looking for?  Downloaded transactions that you don't deal with will just sit there until you eventually accept them.  This is the preference panel to change:

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.